Motoring Discussion > TFL congestion charge receipt Miscellaneous
Thread Author: bathtub tom Replies: 10

TFL congestion charge receipt - bathtub tom
I made a journey into London's congestion zone a few weeks ago. I paid the charge on-line that evening. I'm trying to claim it as an expense (I wasn't driving my car), but a receipt is being asked for.

I know the date and registration number of the car I was driving. I've been into my computer's history and can find the relevant receipt entry, but opening it produces a blank TFL page.

Does anyone know if there's any way of producing the receipt, I've been through the TFL website and it doesn't look promising?

I do have a scribbled note on a scrap of paper that consists of two alpha characters and eleven numeric (aannnnnnnnnnn). This is only the second time I've ever paid this charge. Would the receipt number be in this format?
Has no-one got a TFL congestion charge receipt number?

If I don't hear soon, I'll have to repeat this on t'other side.
 TFL congestion charge receipt - henry k
I have an old receipt from a year ago.
"Receipt Number VCG XXXXX"

I rarely go into the congestion zone but I have a Fast Track Card and I am on their computer so I get a paper receipt sent to me however I pay for the zone.
I also get a monthly statement
Last edited by: henry k on Thu 5 Aug 10 at 23:54
 TFL congestion charge receipt - rtj70
It seems computer says no. Have you called anyone about it? The system is managed by people. Or put it down as expenses without receipt? They may pay if they knew where you went.
 TFL congestion charge receipt - Armel Coussine
The sensible thing to do is print the page when it comes in, and file it carefully.

If I had a staff, that's what I'd do. What I do in practice, if anything, is bookmark the page or write the number on something or other, then lose it. Isn't everyone like that?
 TFL congestion charge receipt - Runfer D'Hills
Not a great deal of help to you with this specific receipt BT but for future reference what I do is as follows.

I have an account set up for the con charge. All I have to do now is text a four digit code to a number pre-stored in my phone and the con charge system recognises my car and payment that day. When I get home the receipt has been emailed to my computer where I can print it off.
 TFL congestion charge receipt - Zero
Wow, having to travel into London on a working day.

what a quaint concept.
Yeah yeah yeah.....

Sorted.

A 'phone call to a contact number on their website giving them the date and registration number and they replied by e-mail with a receipt.

Good old Boris.
 TFL congestion charge receipt - Collos
Has the congestion charge actually improved London or is it just another tax earner I don't go there know as my parents moved out of Westminster just as it was being brought in.
>> Has the congestion charge actually improved London

It did for a while but in my experience it's just as busy as ever now.

I always feel financially abused in London. Everything seems to start at a tenner so I guess that makes the con charge look cheap !
Latest Forum Posts