Motoring Discussion > Bugatti Veyron - How fast...
Thread Author: rtj70 Replies: 15

Bugatti Veyron - How fast... - rtj70
Anyone been in one?
 Bugatti Veyron - How fast... - Rudedog
No, but I'm on holiday in Italy right now and drove past the Bugatti factory today on the way from Lake Garda to Siena.
You presumably drove past the old factory. Weren't the Veyrons and now the Chiron are assembled in Molsheim (so France).

I hope you're having a good time in Tuscany :-)
 Bugatti Veyron - How fast... - Stuartli
The Bugatti is my next VW...:-)
I am waiting for the 4 seater or the SUV... otherwise I'd have got one before now. Very practical.
 Bugatti Veyron - How fast... - VxFan
Managed to sit in a Veyron at the Goodwood Festival of Speed a couple of years ago. Was politely asked to get out just after the driver started it though as he was about to do his run up the hill. No amount of grovelling worked.
 Bugatti Veyron - How fast... - mikeyb
>> You presumably drove past the old factory. Weren't the Veyrons and now the Chiron are
>> assembled in Molsheim (so France).
>>
>> I hope you're having a good time in Tuscany :-)
>>

They certainly were made in Molsheim - I used to visit a supplier next to the factory (bearing a very similar name) and you occasionally saw them being driven in the area - nice part of the world
 Bugatti Veyron - How fast... - Rudedog
It was only a short glimpse as I drove past, big blue glass main building then about three grey factory type out buildings with massive EB letters on the rooves.

I'm now staying outside Rome ready to visit tomorrow, went to Serento today, very busy, mad Italian drivers, all the people on the scooters have a permanent death wish!!! Pulling out into oncoming traffic and undertaking while smoking/on mobiles.

Apart from that very nice (and hot) as it's my first visit.
 Bugatti Veyron - How fast... - Slightlyfatdirector
Not been in one, but saw the new Chinon (spelling?) being spanked up the hill climb at the Festival of Speed in June. Rather underwhelming (!) as it was just so smooth and quiet, and it was hard to judge how fast it was going, but it must have been pretty quick....
 Bugatti Veyron - How fast... - Slidingpillar
Deceptive place to view really Goodwood FoS, and a lot of cars are just being demonstrated, not taking part in competitive event. Having said that, a fast car, being driven fast there can be quite something as 'the wall' is truly buttock clenching.

New Bugatti is the Chiron by the way - ugly thing as is the Veryon.
Last edited by: Slidingpillar on Mon 12 Sep 16 at 14:25
 Bugatti Veyron - How fast... - henry k
>> New Bugatti is the Chiron by the way - ugly thing as is the Veryon.
>>
Targeting 450kph / 279mph according to car magazine.
 Bugatti Veyron - How fast... - Armel Coussine
Veyron is quite rapid enough and 4wd, a very competent beast indeed.

But it costs a king's ransom, and another king's ransom to insure and run.

You wouldn't want to be seen getting out of one. Even quite well-off people would come crowding round asking you for a couple of grand to tide them over.

Too rich for my blood, and for the blood of anyone half-way sensible. Asking for trouble.

I'd rather have a nice Skoda.

:o}
Last edited by: Armel Coussine on Sat 17 Sep 16 at 01:02
 Bugatti Veyron - How fast... - Dog
>>I'd rather have a nice Skoda.

Like I've always said - you have absolutely no taste whatsoever.

Bugatti Veyron - How fast... - BiggerBadderDave
I would never, ever, in my entire life, under any circumstances, whatsoever, have a Skoda.

Simply because the old man has one.
 Bugatti Veyron - How fast... - Armel Coussine
>> Like I've always said, etc...

Oooh, ponce ponce... go back to licking your privates Perro.

Bugatti Veyron - How fast... - Dog
>>Oooh, ponce ponce... go back to licking your privates Perro.

My two dogs lick each others, there's a name for that I believe...

8-)
Latest Forum Posts