Motoring Discussion > know of insurance fraud? Tax / Insurance / Warranties
Thread Author: Bellboy Replies: 11

know of insurance fraud? - Bellboy
www.insurancefraudbureau.org/report/
 know of insurance fraud? - bathtub tom
ERM!

Is there anyone here who can honestly say, hand on heart, they've never, ever exaggerated a claim?
 know of insurance fraud? - FotheringtonTomas
Yup.
 know of insurance fraud? - Dave_
Me too.
 know of insurance fraud? - henry k
Me too.

I did have to wait for a payout until an insurance accident guy had visited my wreck.
I was in an old Triumph 2000 and was rear ended and shunted into a MB in front.
Damage:- front doors had to be forced open, boot smashed, bonnet smashed, radiator leaking etc.
I think his time and transport costs were more than the write off value.
 know of insurance fraud? - madf
What's an insurance claim?
:-)

Forgotten what one is: old age I guess..
 know of insurance fraud? - Collos
I have never made a claim on any insurance so unfortuneatly never had the chance to pad out a claim.
 know of insurance fraud? - borasport
me too....

only 3 claims I can ever remember, 2 accidents, only claim for the damage and that's checked by an assesor, and one for damage/loss after a theft, and what I claimed for was what was stolen
 know of insurance fraud? - L'escargot
>> Is there anyone here who can honestly say, hand on heart, they've never, ever exaggerated
>> a claim?

I've never exaggerated a claim. Even if I did, the result would be the same ~ I calim off my insurer and they assess the value of the claim.
 know of insurance fraud? - Bellboy
not me
it will only cost everyone more in the long term
 know of insurance fraud? - Falkirk Bairn
I know of people who have admitted to damaging their car when their son/daughter was driving.
I know of company car driver taking blame for hitting his wife's car when it was vice versa.

A neighbour hit my stationary car and suggested I take the wrap as my Company Car/ Company Insurer would pay out and she would be saved the excess she would have to pay. A firm no way was the answer
 know of insurance fraud? - Chris S
I hit another driver about 10 years ago and she put in a claim for whiplash.

She withdrew it when I informed my insurers that her child was in the car at the same time and he seemed to have been dropped off at school uninjured!
Latest Forum Posts