Motoring Discussion > Triumph Scrambler Impressions. Miscellaneous
Thread Author: R.P. Replies: 9

Triumph Scrambler Impressions. - R.P.
May have mentioned (certainly intended to) but following the sale of three of my older bikes I bought a new Triumph Scrambler at a very good price from the local Triumph Dealer. Good price of over a thousand quid off - it is resplendent in red and ivory with proper spoked wheels. After all the big Beemers I've owned this pushes out a paltry 55 - 60 bhp - so it's interesting !

I rode it to work from the dealer last THursday and then rode all the way home in a storm in the dark. The headlamp was like a copulating glow-worm and restricted to 3000rpm in top gear equated to 50mph on a busy dual carriageway and linked to brand new tyres in the wet so I bottled out and took the long way home. Hardly an inspiring trip !

Accompanied by my wife on her Street Tripple I took it out to Beaumaris for lunch in near perfect weather. Excellent little bike and I now love it. Adopt a different attitude to riding = big grin !
 Triumph Scrambler Impressions. - Runfer D'Hills
Beaumaris is nice. I've caught crabs there before now. ( Aye, I know, but these were the sort you catch with a bit of fishing line and some bacon ) 😉
 Triumph Scrambler Impressions. - legacylad
A lovely part of the world... Stopped there for food a few years ago whilst backpacking the Anglesey Coast Path, which exceeded my expectations. We were blessed with nice weather...I was carrying my pals photo eqpt as he was writing an article for an outdoor mag ( not H & E for you old timers. Ha!)
Last edited by: legacylad on Wed 14 Sep 16 at 20:45
 Triumph Scrambler Impressions. - Bromptonaut
How's the house move going Rob?
 Triumph Scrambler Impressions. - R.P.
Still unsold. CHanged agents now. He is going to do a drone video to promote it...here's hoping !
 Triumph Scrambler Impressions. - Robin O'Reliant
At your age I thought you'd have moved onto a Harley by now ;-)
 Triumph Scrambler Impressions. - Dog
>>He is going to do a drone video to promote it

Have the ole woman in a throng laying on a sunlounger on a nice Sunni day and you'll more punters round than you could shake a stick at.
Last edited by: Dog on Thu 15 Sep 16 at 19:46
 Triumph Scrambler Impressions. - bathtub tom
>>Have the ole woman in a throng

Nah, on her own should be enough.
 Triumph Scrambler Impressions. - Dog
Haha! made my ole woman larf ... I wouldn't know a thong from a G string anyway!
 Triumph Scrambler Impressions. - John Boy
>>... I was carrying my pals photo eqpt as he was writing an article for an outdoor mag ( not H & E for you old timers. Ha!)

That sounds as if he was writing as you went along.
:-)
Latest Forum Posts