Motoring Discussion > Farewell note. Miscellaneous
Thread Author: Ted Replies: 21

Farewell note. - Ted

Or should I say Farewell Note. ?

We have been thinking about replacing the Note for some time now. It's over ten years old and,
with only 46 K on the clock still has some value. I also thought that the automatic gear selector was getting somewhat stiff in action, although SWM hadn't commented about it so it might just be me comparing it with the Vitara.

Anyway, we made a visit to the local dealer in Altrincham where we bought the Note seven years ago. They only had manuals in and the new shape was a bit out of budget. I wanted to spend about £5K plus whatever the trade in bought.

We ended up with a 2013 1200cc Micra Acenta Connect with 7000 on the clock. It's a CVT auto with Sat Nav, cruise control and some other gimmicks which we probably won't use much. It has a spacesaver spare and a well big enough for a full wheel. She loved it and drove back from the dealers. Unusual colour...but I don't think any witnesses to a jewel shop robbery we carry out will be telling the police that it was a small ' dark metallic aubergine ' car, so the DVLA has it down as black.
6 months rent..£100 cheaper,.... MOT and cheaper insurance. Just waiting for the V5C now and then her prat plates can go on it.
 Farewell note. - Armel Coussine
You had me worried for a moment there Ted. I though you might mean you were outa here... I'm relieved that you're not.
 Farewell note. - MD
Me too.
 Farewell note. - Dog
Neighb bought a newish Note - on my recommendation, but I meant for her to buy the 'old shape' model.
(don't let anybuddy tell you farmers are poor!)

I've driven the thing a phew times and I don't like it at all at all ... diesel though :(
 Farewell note. - legacylad
Hope it gives you sterling service Ted
My cousin owned a Micra until a few months ago, bought new seven years ago, and it never missed a beat. Replaced with a new Aygo 5 door thing, two tone in colour, and quite nice looking in a cute kinda way
 Farewell note. - Runfer D'Hills
My wife had a new Micra on loan the last time her Qashqai was in for a service. We both ( fairly sheepishly ) had to admit we quite liked it. Hope Mrs Ted enjoys it.
 Farewell note. - Bromptonaut
Presumably the Vitara tows your van Ted?
 Farewell note. - BiggerBadderDave
Floats your boat, you mean?
 Farewell note. - Dog
I had a Micra as a loan car once upon a time, and quite liked it. But a Micra wivva CVT box, dunno we would get on.

But I stand to be erected.
Dog
You are Alice Cooper with a lithp and I claim my 5 euros
( still one of my fav music videos, especially the chimp/ wheelbarrow full of dollars/ciggie shot)
 Farewell note. - Dog
>>still one of my fav music videos, especially the chimp/ wheelbarrow full of dollars/ciggie shot

What music video is that lad - I'm not firing on all six cylinders this morgen.
Alice Cooper. Elected. On 'ewe tube'
 Farewell note. - Dog
Ah, say n'more squire. One-of my faves, as is: www.youtube.com/watch?v=9p__WmyAE3g
 Farewell note. - Ted

The box seems to act just as a slushbox does, although I haven't driven it. It's got a little ' creep ' which she's used to.
Yes Brompy, the Vitara storms along with the 17ft van although it's only a 2 litre diesel mill with TC transmission and a turbot. It got a bit knocked about nipping around the city doing jobs so I took advantage of the hot weather to upgrade it's looks a bit.
The big plastic buffer on the drivers door had suffered a big gouge and all the other plastic was scuffed to some extent. I went over to HK motors in Wrexham, who I used to give a lot of breakdown work to, and bought a couple of back lights off a scrapper, together with a panel.

I settled down with all me kit in the Sun using acryl putty filler and rattle cans of primer, colour and lacquer and did the whole lot of the plastic. Looks a lot better now for a 14 yr old knockabout car ! Inspired by all this I took the n/s front wing off the Jowett and am now in the process of fettling it a bit. Halfords ' gloss black' is a dead match fortunately.
 Farewell note. - CGNorwich
It's got a turbot? Sounds fishy to me.
 Farewell note. - PeterS
There's a plaice for everything...
 Farewell note. - Runfer D'Hills
Oh Cod !
 Farewell note. - Robin O'Reliant
Has it been chipped as well?
 Farewell note. - Dog
No need to carp on about it.
 Farewell note. - MD
Pike(ys) the lot of you:0)
 Farewell note. - Robin O'Reliant
You angling for a fight?
 Farewell note. - Dutchie
Daughter got a preregistered Fiat Punto a week ago.

Fiat Panda seven years old for part exchange.I don't mind the Punto simple 1,4 8 valve engine easy to service.You got to watch the electrics in Fiats otherwise not a bad supermini.

Six airbags good brakes and a bit more safety for the granddaughter.As usual I have to keep a eye on it.don't mind do all for a good course.
Latest Forum Posts