Motoring Discussion > Car parks snap drivers to cut crime Miscellaneous
Thread Author: Brentus Replies: 1

Car parks snap drivers to cut crime - Brentus
Todays Telegraph Page 2.

Car parks to snap drivers to cut crime. Instead of using APNR they now want to introduce face recognition camera's. What does the forum think.

firstly who are THEY. I would think car parks controlled by PPC's. The reason given for face recognition camera's is an attempt to cut down on vehicle theft.

I would like to know who is proposing this i would certainly think it's the PPC's. The reason is because when they issue PCN's, and they get ignored the fact they never go to court. They have to prove who was driving. With face recognition that eliminates that.

The UK is the country that most uses surviellance camera's CCTV, APNR etc than any other country. I would appreciate your comments. Taking the wife out to York now, will catch up with you later. have a good day.
 Car parks snap drivers to cut crime - SteelSpark
I think that a lot of people dislike cameras because they like to act in certain ways, but don't want to have to put up with the consequences.

I know the arguments about misuse of data, but IMHO it is the people who want to get away with stuff that don't want the cameras.

Until we live in a world where people will hold their hands up to what they have done, then others need to keep gathering evidence.

Let's say, for arguments sake, that the owner of a car park is in a situation where they are legally entitled to fine somebody. Why would it be good that the person to be fined can get away via the loophole of not saying who was driving?

The only people who would think that is a good state of affairs, are people who agree with the person trying to escape via the loophole.
Latest Forum Posts