Motoring Discussion > Ford Focus II - Replacement headlight bulbs Accessories and Parts
Thread Author: legacylad Replies: 4

Ford Focus II - Replacement headlight bulbs - legacylad
Both the offside dipped beam & side light bulbs on my 2011 Focus recently failed. Better do something about it then! I ordered a twin pack of H7 Philips X Vision +130% from Powerbulbs online @£18.95
They were delivered the next day, took me an hour to replace both today, and have made a huge difference to lighting the road ahead when I drove home tonight.
I have no connection to the company, and am very pleased... It seemed a lot of money for two bulbs but well worthwhile ( the equivalent of 6 pints in my local so I stayed in tonight!)
 Ford Focus II - Replacement headlight bulbs - RichardW
Keep the receipt as they will likely last <12 months....!

Got fed up of replacing them every 8-10 months on my 307 (which does seem to eat headlamp bulbs) so put in a pair of HID instead (yeah, yeah, I know all the arguments, but it has projector style lights - possibly why it eats conventional bulbs) - far superior to any incandescants I have had before. 4 times the price though, and a right faff to fit!
 Ford Focus II - Replacement headlight bulbs - Clk Sec
Not really thought about this before, but I haven't had to replace any bulbs on my 14 year old Japanese barge so far.

Not that I'm gloating, like...
 Ford Focus II - Replacement headlight bulbs - mikeyb
>> Not really thought about this before, but I haven't had to replace any bulbs on
>> my 14 year old Japanese barge so far.

Oddly my old Sharan used no bulbs in about the first 8 years, then 1 tail and 1 headlight in the last 2 we had it. I thought that was pretty good, but Lexus has gone through 2 sets of headlights and 1 number plate light in 12 months
 Ford Focus II - Replacement headlight bulbs - VxFan
>> Got fed up of replacing them every 8-10 months on my 307 (which does seem
>> to eat headlamp bulbs) so put in a pair of HID instead

I did the same with my old Vectra-C, which also had projector lenses. Passed 5 MOT's with the HIDs in, and got flashed a hell of a lot less by other motorists than when I had halogen bulbs fitted.

>> 4 times the price though.

It worked out a lot less for me in the long run. Not only cost wise, but fitment time too. Having to remove the front bumper (or risk lacerating the back of your hands going via the airbox route) to change bulbs is no joke. With the HIDs it was a case of fit and forget.

There is a very good supplier on ebay called London Colour (or might be Color). I paid something like £60 for my HID kit, but they sell them for around £25. The only difference being that they're not canbus compatible for that price, but it's only a case of getting the option changed in the cars ECU, if you know someone local who has the right kit, who'll do it for beer money.
Last edited by: VxFan on Fri 28 Oct 16 at 12:59
Latest Forum Posts