Motoring Discussion > Would you turn your car into a billboard for cash? Miscellaneous
Thread Author: VxFan Replies: 13

Would you turn your car into a billboard for cash? - VxFan
A father-of-three says driving around with pink flowers on his car is putting him in the black.

Christopher Kerr signed up to a new service which pays motorists to display advertisements on their cars.

tinyurl.com/gubrgj4 - www.oxfordtimes.co.uk

Not for me. I even take the dealer sticker out the rear window.
 Would you turn your car into a billboard for cash? - Dog
I have a sticker in my rear window saying "I support the RSPCA in Cornwall" ... but I don't.

:o}
 Would you turn your car into a billboard for cash? - Cliff Pope

>>
>> Not for me. I even take the dealer sticker out the rear window.
>>
How much was he offering to pay?
 Would you turn your car into a billboard for cash? - bathtub tom
I thought about replacing the number plates when I bought my car at eight months old because they carry Motorpoint legend. That was because I wondered if it would affect the way I'd be treated when having it serviced at the main dealer.
 Would you turn your car into a billboard for cash? - Dog
>>I wondered if it would affect the way I'd be treated when having it serviced at the main dealer

Nah IMO. Bought my Forester from Sparshatts in sowfhampton, used to have it serviced by Ashburton Motors in, um, Ashburton, Devon.

Now have Ferris Garage in Feock wipe an oily rag over it once a year so, that's approximately x 3 different garage names on various parts of said Scoob's much-luved body (inc. # plate)
 Would you turn your car into a billboard for cash? - Manatee
I think the supposition was that they would dislike Motorpoint more than any 'proper' garage because they so obviously only do sales - nobody takes their car there for servicing. Do they even do it?
 Would you turn your car into a billboard for cash? - sooty123
I don't think so, some of the car supermarkets do. Car people for example do (or at least they used)
 Would you turn your car into a billboard for cash? - sooty123
Looks like an advert dressed up as a news story. Anyway, can't say I really thought about doing something like that before. Doubt i get tuppence as I live in the middle of nowhere.
 Would you turn your car into a billboard for cash? - CGNorwich
In my experience Sales and Servicing divisions of garages have little to do with one another. The Servicing Department normally hold the Sales Department in a certain degree of contempt due to their normally complete lack of mechanical knowledge.
 Would you turn your car into a billboard for cash? - commerdriver
For me as a company car user, dealer experience for servicing has had a lot to do with my choice of the next car.
I liked Vauxhalls as standard type cars until a row of bad experiences put me off. I still think the cars are OK but I wouldn't buy one unless I found a much better dealer.
 Would you turn your car into a billboard for cash? - Mapmaker
Of course whilst it "pays all my running costs" what he is forgetting is that it is fully taxable income and it is unlikely any of those costs can be offset against the income.
 Would you turn your car into a billboard for cash? - Ambo
>>The Servicing Department normally hold the Sales Department in a certain degree of contempt due to their normally complete lack of mechanical knowledge.

Rightly. I imagine all members have found that salesmen have less product knowledge than they themselves. It is extraordinary to me that they have so little training when they are vital to their employers - it is they who bring the money in.

Would you turn your car into a billboard for cash? - CGNorwich
Selling cars is much like selling anything else. You don't need to know much about the product indeed too much knowledge can be a hindrance. By the time a customer enters the showroom they have basically decided what they want. It just about the price and what colour they want.

Would you turn your car into a billboard for cash? - Mapmaker
>>Selling cars is much like selling anything else

Well... to a point. If you can create value out of something that otherwise would have no value, by creating a back story, then you can give enough context to something to sell it to somebody who didn't realise they needed it.
Latest Forum Posts