Motoring Discussion > Hyundai - Tuscon Semi Auto vs Auto Miscellaneous
Thread Author: zippy Replies: 12

Hyundai - Tuscon Semi Auto vs Auto - zippy
Looking at the lease deals on these and they are quite competitive.

The lease site lists semi autos and full autos. Does anyone know what the difference is please?
 Hyundai - Tuscon Semi Auto vs Auto - Runfer D'Hills
As with most things in life, a semi isn't much use to anyone... ;-)
 Hyundai - Tuscon Semi Auto vs Auto - Crankcase
Tell that to your neighbours.
 Hyundai - Tuscon Semi Auto vs Auto - Manatee
>> As with most things in life, a semi isn't much use to anyone... ;-)

ISIHAC - from your erstwhile namesake.

Humphrey Lyttelton: Oh dear, we've just received this note from Samantha to say she's been held up again. She's agreed to meet up with a gentleman friend at the Midland Hotel, where he's laying on a tasting of French white wines.

She's hoping there'll be a better selection than last year, when she was disappointed he only had a Semillon.

But she thought it would be impolite not to taste it anyway.
 Hyundai - Tuscon Semi Auto vs Auto - Dog
My guess is that the semi is a dual clutch jobbie, and the full auto is a slush box but, what do I know?
 Hyundai - Tuscon Semi Auto vs Auto - movilogo
Looking at Hyundai website

1.7 CRDi 2WD = DCT auto
2.0 CRDi 4WD = auto (possibly TC type but not mentioned)

Hyundai - Tuscon Semi Auto vs Auto - Lygonos
I think the terms are pretty much interchangeable these days - semi-auto used to be a clutchless manual gearchange, but nowadays virtually all auto boxes combine both semi-auto (eg. tiptronic lever or flappy paddles) with fully automatic (stick it in D and push the loud pedal) features.

Hyundai - Tuscon Semi Auto vs Auto - Stuu
>>Does anyone know what the difference is please?<<

Most likely none whatsoever and the difference is the moron doing the data input who knows nout about cars, the current model Tucson are all double-clutch autos, 6 or 7 speed.
 Hyundai - Tuscon Semi Auto vs Auto - spamcan61
Judging by the gen. over on the man with the hat's site:-

www.honestjohn.co.uk/carbycar/hyundai/tucson-2015/?section=history

There's a 7 speed dual clutch jobbie which is presumably the 'semi-auto' and a 6 speed 'auto' which one assumes is a slushbox but I'd want to make sure.
>>There's a 7 speed dual clutch jobbie which is presumably the 'semi-auto' and a 6 speed 'auto' which one assumes is a slushbox but I'd want to make sure.<<

You are right, the 6-spd is a slusher, just checked, although DCT isn't semi-auto.
 Hyundai - Tuscon Semi Auto vs Auto - zippy
Thanks all.....

Slush box - as I understand it, one of those CVT things and not as good as a torque converter gearbox, but I have no idea why that may be the case?
>>Slush box - as I understand it, one of those CVT things and not as good as a torque converter gearbox, but I have no idea why that may be the case?<<

Hyundai website says 6 or 7 speed automatic - if it was a CVT it wouldn't have gears as such so doubt it is CVT.
 Hyundai - Tuscon Semi Auto vs Auto - Dog
A slush box is a 'proper' automatic transmission with a torque converter.

A CVT - continuously variable transmission, liked by some, disliked by others is:

www.telegraph.co.uk/cars/advice/which-sort-of-automatic-gearbox-is-best/
Latest Forum Posts