Motoring Discussion > Halford's Miscellaneous
Thread Author: Roger. Replies: 1

Halford's - Roger.
Credit where it's due.
On Tuesday I took our car into the Worksop branch of Halford's Auto Centres, as there was an irritating noise apparent under braking, although not all the time.
This year, in August they had serviced & MOTd it, replacing both front discs and pads and a front suspension part and I was worried that there might be a brake or suspension problem.
They inspected the car thoroughly, even going out with me to replicate the noise, followed by a thorough inspection on the lift. The could find no obvious cause - all bearings, bushes and brakes were OK.
At the same time, at my request, they bled the brakes, adjusted the hand brake and without my asking, to allay my safety concerns, carried out an MOT rolling road brake test, which was OK.
All in all about an hour of their time.
How much did it cost?

Nothing at all!

I am, however, a good repeat customer for servicing, MOTs (and this year a set of tyres, too) and likely to remain so.

Halford's - stan10
Excellent customer service, no doubt.

I have a similar relationship with my "Indy", the last time, - i blew a turbo hose doing an "Italian Tune-Up" !! (no respect for an elderly veehickle !!)

Part ordered - fitted, - Bill, was for the hose only, ... Huh ? ... "well it was only a 20 mins job - see you later"

And they will .....
Latest Forum Posts