Motoring Discussion > Speeding Scam Email Miscellaneous
Thread Author: VxFan Replies: 8

Speeding Scam Email - VxFan
Be aware that this is apparently doing the rounds.

tinyurl.com/hwae7ym - links to www.gmp.police.uk
 Speeding Scam Email - smokie
Do people really still get caught with such obvious ones??

Do scammers really think we will??
 Speeding Scam Email - Manatee
They may not even be asking for money, which very few would fall for, but they may well get a lot of people clicking through to a dodgy website.
 Speeding Scam Email - DP
I got one earlier in the week. Had me worried for about 2 seconds until it dawned on me that a NIP wouldn't be sent by email.

It's things like this that make me worry about my inlaws though. They would fall for it.
 Speeding Scam Email - The Melting Snowman
The mangled English is usually a good indication.
 Speeding Scam Email - Manatee
Unfortunately, mangled English is not the exclusive preserve of the scammer. The local police send out Neighbourhood Watch stuff about breaks ins etc. that would shame a 12 year old.
 Speeding Scam Email - Roger.
Breaks in ?
Spoonsful?
Last edited by: Roger. on Fri 9 Dec 16 at 21:15
 Speeding Scam Email - Ted

I saw a beauty on our local village forum last night. Commenting on something a poster said he owned, a woman commented ...." I had one of thoughs years ago ".

Bit too much for a typo...I thought.
 Speeding Scam Email - The Melting Snowman
Reminds me of a time when an elderly neighbour (now deceased) suffered a minor burglary, the Police report contained dreadful grammar (complete mis-use of past and present participles) to the extent that the old girl almost refused to sign it on principle in case anyone thought it was her work. She eventually did, reluctantly.
Latest Forum Posts