Motoring Discussion > Skoda - Rapid vis Audi A3
Thread Author: zippy Replies: 15

Skoda - Rapid vis Audi A3 - zippy
I have been looking for a replacement to the ageing Mokka but a recent doctor's recommendation has sent me towards automatics.

I was just browsing Autotrader and was surprised how similar the Skoda Rapid Spaceback looks like an Audi A3 Sportsback.

I know that both cars are from the VW stable but is the Skoda a rebadged older model A3?
 Skoda - Rapid vis Audi A3 - Dog
I believe the Rapid Spaceback is based on a modified version of the Polo platform, whereas the A3 is based on the Golf.
 Skoda - Rapid vis Audi A3 - Manatee
I don't think so. It looks more related to the Fabia/Polo than the Golf/A3/Octavia

Skoda - Rapid vis Audi A3 - CGNorwich
Based on Fabia I believe. Brought in to replace the old Octavia the new Octavia being considerably larger than it's predecessor.
 Skoda - Rapid vis Audi A3 - sooty123
I think the rapid is pretty much the same size as the mk1 octavia.
Yes it is. Had one fo a test drive when I got rid of my Mk 11 Octavia. Ended up getting a Golf. The Rapid was a bit Spartan.
Even the top of the range one?
Yes. All a bit plain and basic. No comparison with the interior of the Golf.
 Skoda - Rapid vis Audi A3 - Manatee
>> Yes. All a bit plain and basic. No comparison with the interior of the Golf.

And about half the price I imagine.
More expensive certainly. The Rapid is a budget model. Thhe Golf is mid market. I chose comfort over price.
I did wonder when it first came out of it was aimed at a bit of a budget car. Not sure what the sportback is all about, i can only think they didn't want it to take sales from the octavia.
 Skoda - Rapid vis Audi A3 - zippy
Thanks!

All a bit of a swizz then, making it look like an A3 Sportsback!
As you're in the need of a new car, zippy why not start a thread. We'll point you in the right direction.
 Skoda - Rapid vis Audi A3 - legacylad
I've no idea what it looks like, but doubt it's anywhere close to the internal build quality of an A3. My pals new A3 is very nice indeed. And much nicer than another friends 63 plate Golf imo
The A3 is indeed a very nice car and a step up from the Golf. Might be my choice when The time comes for a change
 Skoda - Rapid vs Audi A3 - Avant
And the A3 isn't that much more expensive than the Golf to buy new, and it holds its value better (so less of a bargain used). The Rapid is quite a bit cheaper and has a more restricted choice of engines: it appeals to a different market.

We've just done a good deal on an A1 1.4 Sportback for SWMBO - probably better than anything we'd have got on a Polo.
Latest Forum Posts