Motoring Discussion > Volkswagen Golf VI - VW Golf Tdi woes Miscellaneous
Thread Author: legacylad Replies: 5

Volkswagen Golf VI - VW Golf Tdi woes - legacylad
Two years ago a friend bought a 2011 2.0 Tdi from a family member who had owned it from new. It had never missed a beat, full main dealer history, and my pal took it in for the emissions fix 6 weeks ago. Within days it was going into limp mode, although turning off the ignition & restarting the engine put it back into normal mode. Every few days the engine management warning light came on, and/or the dpf light came on, so he had to take it for a blast to clear it, although his driving schedule remained the same. VW were unable to reverse this emissions fix, and after several visits gave him the same waffle.... purely coincidental, which he doubts very much.
The local indie has been unable to sort it, and both they, and the main dealer, have suggested a new EGR valve. 6+ hours labour.
He's not a happy chappy
He collected it today from the local indie. New EGR fitted. £650.
Ouch
 Volkswagen Golf VI - VW Golf Tdi woes - Stuartli
Which is why I have a VW warranty (even with a petrol engine!).
 Volkswagen Golf VI - VW Golf Tdi woes - Bill Payer
I've noticed Tiguan rather than Golf as we have one, but I imagine it must be the same engine and I've seen a number of comments about EGR failures after the upgrade.

Just Googled and there's a HJ item which includes a number of EGR failure reports. Suggestions of £1500 repair costs, so perhaps it's more complicated on Tiguan?
 Volkswagen Golf VI - VW Golf Tdi woes - mikeyb
>> Just Googled and there's a HJ item which includes a number of EGR failure reports.
>> Suggestions of £1500 repair costs, so perhaps it's more complicated on Tiguan?

LLs mate went to an indy - a large chunk of the difference is probably main dealer hourly rate and maybe markup on parts
Quite so. Considerably more at the main dealer
Think I would have persued the matter after the 'failed' emissions fix.
In fact I'm sure I would.
Latest Forum Posts