Motoring Discussion > RoadTax - Dundee man not the sharpest tool in box! Miscellaneous
Thread Author: Falkirk Bairn Replies: 2

RoadTax - Dundee man not the sharpest tool in box! - Falkirk Bairn
Dundee man pulled over for No Road Tax on his van - Police find drugs - 12 months inside for his troubles.

www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-tayside-central-38554727

If you are breaking the law the last thing you want to do is draw attention to you or your car / van by having lights out, bad driving or in this case failing to pay the road tax.

I know of at least a couple of Drunk Drivers stopped for 1 headlamp out or speeding - I have to admit it was a very long time ago the headlamp chap was stopped.

If they stopped cars for headlamps out NOW they would need a football field to accommodate the 1 eyed monsters on the streets today - it seems about 1 in every 5/6 cars has at least 1 light out @ the front & presumably many have rear lights out as well - No Police around here who seem to care!
 RoadTax - Dundee man not the sharpest tool in box! - legacylad
Operating rear lights ( side, brake, indicator) seem to be optional on farm trailers in my part of the world. Not small trailers either... the large slurry jobs passing through Settle at night obscure the towing vehicle. Nobody seems to care.
 RoadTax - Dundee man not the sharpest tool in box! - Cliff Pope
The fashion here is for tractors to drive at night with their rear work lights permanently illuminated. These blind any following drivers, and often render any attached machinery invisible in the glare.
One would guess that tractors are exempt from all regulations.
Latest Forum Posts