Motoring Discussion > Car Mag finally tests "fixed" VW - not good for VW Miscellaneous
Thread Author: PR Replies: 16

Car Mag finally tests "fixed" VW - not good for VW - PR
www.autocar.co.uk/car-news/industry/autocar-test-shows-worse-economy-after-volkswagen-diesel-fix

They have finally run extensive tests on a "fixed" VW post dieselgate.

More problems for VW on the back of this I think?
 Car Mag finally tests "fixed" VW - not good for VW - Old Navy
I am not surprised, if the ECU has been reflashed to remove the fix software other parameters must have been changed. I believe some owners have reported poor running after the fix.
 Car Mag finally tests "fixed" VW - not good for VW - Hard Cheese
It's a farce, VAG should really have been hit a lot harder.

However as I have said before I am not with the suggestion that VAG owners should be compensated, to the contrary they have been paying lower RFL and BiK than they should have done and would have done in an equivalent car from another manufacturer; so it can be argued they have not been paying their fair share into the exchequer.

So one wonders why the UK Gov doesn't slap VW with a fine for the difference.?

Also regarding the owners, I still say they have been mis-sold. The car isn't caplable of the mpg stated with no cheat devices.

Car Mag finally tests "fixed" VW - not good for VW - DP
An absolute farce. VW's apparent arrogance and lack of accountability is breathtaking.

If I owned one, I personally would not be allowing the 'fix' to be implemented. If you have a car that is running and performing well, and is taxed on its "official" numbers, why mess with it?

That said, I don't believe it's just VW doing this. The silence from the other manufacturers during this whole saga, despite the gift horse marketing opportunity it presents, is quite telling.
Yes I've said it before, other makers had the syllabus of the test and tuned their cars accordingly. VW had the answer sheet before they went in!

Car Mag finally tests "fixed" VW - not good for VW - CGNorwich
I had my Golf 1.6 TDI fixed. No discernible difference in performance or economy. Nothing to worry about at all. All a fuss about nothings far as I am concerned.
 Car Mag finally tests "fixed" VW - not good for VW - Bill Payer
This is brave of Autocar - there's a strong commercial relationship between Autocar's publisher, Haymarket, and VW UK, with Haymarket staff embedded in VW.
Last edited by: Bill Payer on Wed 17 May 17 at 14:47
 Car Mag finally tests "fixed" VW - not good for VW - diddy1234
That would explain why Autocar's reviews always compare every car against a golf.
Quite stupid really. not all cars can be compared that way
 Car Mag finally tests "fixed" VW - not good for VW - Zero
>> That would explain why Autocar's reviews always compare every car against a golf.
>> Quite stupid really. not all cars can be compared that way

If you could only manufacture one car, that car would be a golf.
I doubt that. they are not that good. more like overrated boringness and lack of individuality

Partly to do with the VW design team being pinched by Kia (similarly BMW lack of design changes since Hyundai pinched that design team also).

Reading on a few motoring forums, A few people have complained of missing bits or paint issues on buying a new VW.

Looks like VW can't keep up with demand
>> Partly to do with the VW design team being pinched by Kia (similarly BMW lack
>> of design changes since Hyundai pinched that design team also).
>>

Eh, BMW are at the forefront of design surely ...
how much further ahead would they have been if Hyundai didn't pinch the design team ?

A new shape by now ?
>> >> That would explain why Autocar's reviews always compare every car against a golf.
>> >> Quite stupid really. not all cars can be compared that way
>>
>> If you could only manufacture one car, that car would be a golf.
>>

Nope, a Fiesta ...
 Car Mag finally tests "fixed" VW - not good for VW - mikeyb

>>
>> Nope, a Fiesta ...
>>

In reality reliability and practicality would be the only concerns if there was no choice so probably a Toyota Corolla!
 Car Mag finally tests "fixed" VW - not good for VW - legacylad
Or an old Civic petrol
Last edited by: legacylad on Wed 17 May 17 at 20:57
 Car Mag finally tests "fixed" VW - not good for VW - Robin O'Reliant
>>
>>
>> If you could only manufacture one car, that car would be a golf.
>>

Nah, it would be a Citroen 2CV.
Latest Forum Posts