Motoring Discussion > 2017 Triumph Bobber. Miscellaneous
Thread Author: R.P. Replies: 19

2017 Triumph Bobber. - R.P.
Get one. That's all.
 2017 Triumph Bobber. - zippy
Wot? One of these...?

www.triumphmotorcycles.co.uk/motorcycles/classics/bonneville-bobber/2017/bonneville-bobber

Very nice!
 2017 Triumph Bobber. - Hard Cheese
Supposed to be good though a little too retro and not dynamic enough for me.

Prefer this:

www.triumphmotorcycles.co.uk/motorcycles/classics/thruxton/2017/thruxton/variants/thruxton-1200-r
Last edited by: Hard Cheese on Fri 26 May 17 at 15:36
 2017 Triumph Bobber. - Robin O'Reliant
There's something a bit pooftaish about those bicycle type solo seats. Otherwise a great looking bike, not a million miles from the GSX750W I had -

Last edited by: R.P. on Sat 27 May 17 at 07:48
 2017 Triumph Bobber. - Duncan
>> There's something a bit pooftaish about those bicycle type solo seats.

There's something a bit wrong about your link.

Wouldn't this have been better?

tinyurl.com/yclagwco

Or is that a bit prissy?
I can never get the damn thing to work.

(As I overheard the wife telling her sister about me).
Last edited by: Robin O'Reliant on Fri 26 May 17 at 18:34
It was a loan bike - 30 mile trip on decent and quiet roads was a revelation. Never thought I would like it. Beautifully made and designed. The clutch lever was itself a work of art with proper feel that you rarely get on a cable operated set up. Superb exhaust note, from a quiet rumble to a proper old school roar on acceleration. Incredibly light handling, very responsive on fast A class roads. Fantastic motor - it's tiny size belies its c.c. Totally impractical in many ways but hell it was good.
 2017 Triumph Bobber. - Harleyman
>> There's something a bit pooftaish about those bicycle type solo seats.

Less of it, if you don't mind.... if, like me, you don't carry pillion passengers a "police solo" seat on a big Harley is as comfortable as it gets.
 2017 Triumph Bobber. - Harleyman
Missed edit; I quite like the look of it. Triumph do have a good reputation for build quality, and whoever styles these "retro" bikes like this one and the Bonneville have a touch of genius about them; the inevitable radiator still looks totally out of place to me and the tank a bit too high, but they've certainly captured the essence of compactness that is the hallmark of a true bobber.

As you say RP not the most practical bike, but if it's as good to ride as it looks (and your brief review suggests it is) then it will capture a fair chunk of the "weekend fun" market and deservedly so.
Last edited by: Harleyman on Mon 29 May 17 at 00:38
Talking to a biker mate about it, commenting on the small tank (i.e. tiny) his response was, fine for a Sunday ride or a spin out to a decent cafe. The seat is totally comfortable. Love the "floating" design that appears to be sprung (as in days of yore) but the sophisticated suspension hung below the seat does all that without upsetting the rider.
 2017 Triumph Bobber. - Dog
This kiddie reminds me of my olde CX 500 Custom: www.youtube.com/watch?v=gaWoLHLx0l8
 2017 Triumph Bobber. - hawkeye
Pretty, but it wouldn't suit me unless it had a pillion seat. And a top box. And a screen. And heated grips. I see I'm not really Bobber material.
Bonnie material though !
 2017 Triumph Bobber. - TheManWithNoName
>> Get one. That's all.

As I get older and see more cars on our roads I'm coming round to the idea of a two wheeled machine for commuting and for fun. Having been stuck on the M3/M25 recently in go-nowhere traffic, I was very jealous of the weaving bikists continuing their journey, albeit slowly.

And as for 'Bobber'? I'll be adding this to my mental list of really stoopit names for cars/bikes, etc.

:-).....Nice Kawasaki z900 on e-bay...proper name on a proper bike.
 2017 Triumph Bobber. - No FM2R
If I recall correctly, wasn't the Z900 the slightly girlie one, I think the Z1 was a bit more determined.
 2017 Triumph Bobber. - Hard Cheese
>> If I recall correctly, wasn't the Z900 the slightly girlie one, I think the Z1
>> was a bit more determined.
>>

The Z900 is reckoned to be better to ride though the classics are the Z1, Z1A and Z1B.
 2017 Triumph Bobber. - bathtub tom
Reckon I could be getting my hands on one of these:www.bondownersclub.co.uk/img/othersphoto/minibyke.jpg
 2017 Triumph Bobber. - Runfer D'Hills
I like motorbikes. But, I don't like motorbikes in typical British weather !
>> If I recall correctly, wasn't the Z900 the slightly girlie one, I think the Z1
>> was a bit more determined.
>>
By determined I take it you are referring to lousy brakes and "Interesting" handling?
Latest Forum Posts