Motoring Discussion > Mazda - Motability car, second-hand Buying / Selling
Thread Author: Focal Point Replies: 19

Mazda - Motability car, second-hand - Focal Point
I'm about to test-drive a second-hand CX5, which I'm told is a Motability car. Apparently it has no modifications.

Are there any implications that I should be aware of?
 Mazda - Motability car, second-hand - zippy
Had an ex-motability Fiesta in 1995. No issues save for a few scuff marks around the sills where implements had been used to get in and out which were quickly cleaned up with a polish.

Check its been serviced properly.

I wanted a CX5 when looking for my car but couldn't get the right lease deal at the time.
 Mazda - Motability car, second-hand - Bromptonaut
>> Are there any implications that I should be aware of?

Obviously one needs to make usual checks that servicing etc has been correctly carried out and vehicle has no significant defects.

The vast majority of Motability drivers treat the cars as well as we all treat our own bit of course there are a minority who abuse them, even if only to extent of chain smoking.

I've heard of them being used as a mini cab with odometer disconnected. Another acquired a large number of internal cigarette type burns. User swore blind it was her disabled son messing around but my suspicions were of another mini cab racket involving her current 'partner'.
Last edited by: Bromptonaut on Fri 2 Jun 17 at 14:58
 Mazda - Motability car, second-hand - Dog
Had 4 ex Motability cars: Clio + Focus + Almera + Lancer, from a dealer who specializes in such.

All one owner low mileage full pain dealer serviced automatic jobbies. All problem free.
 Mazda - Motability car, second-hand - Falkirk Bairn
The main concern is not whether it is a motability car THE QUESTION id

Is it a DIESEL?

If a diesel I would have concerns as Mazda diesels have DPF issues - Mazda PETROLS seem fine.
I was a Mazda petrol owner for 15 years.
"If a diesel I would have concerns as Mazda diesels have DPF issues..."

No way, Jose!

I know about Mazda diesels and, not only do I not want a Mazda diesel - I don't want any diesel.

I'm after the 2-litre petrol. Trouble is, there are not too many CX5 petrols around.

Test-drove one last Monday. Good price, nice colour, but obviously neglected. Drove another this morning. OK-ish price, uninspiring colour, well-maintained. Might have been tempted had the salesman agreed to haggle.

Next week I'll try the ex-Motability one. Close to me, nice colour. We'll see.
 Mazda - Motability car, second-hand - Stuartli
My best mate has Motability cars - changed every three years - and he maintains and keeps them in immaculate condition with regular servicing according to the schedule laid down.

I've also bought a number of Motability vehicles from dealers on behalf of friends and family for the very good reason that they normally prove to be in excellent condition, have reasonable mileages and are keenly priced.

I'm talking, of course, about vehicles that have not required modifying in any way to accommodate disabled or special requirements drivers.
 Mazda - Motability car, second-hand - Clk Sec
>> Trouble is, there are not too many CX5 petrols around.

And no CX5 petrols with 4WD.
:-(
 Mazda - Motability car, second-hand - Falkirk Bairn
Petrol = CRV or Forester IMHO

Although there might be some Newish Vitaras which can be petrol & 4WD

Petrol CRV & Forester (~150BHP & Fairly heavy) both asthmatic except the Forester XT
 Mazda - Motability car, second-hand - Dog
Ye olde fred but: forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=363872
Continuation of story: just bought the car in question.

Mazda CX-5, 2.0 petrol, Sport Nav, 14 reg, less than 17,000 on the clock, FSH, one owner, bright metallic red, immaculate, main dealer, price £16,295.

Had a nice long test drive, including motorway. Collecting next Tuesday. I did like the leather seats.

Feel free to criticise or whatever.
 Mazda - Motability car, second-hand - Manatee
Seems fair. My sort of car, especially if auto and 4WD but if you don't like one or need the other then not a problem.

Like this?

goo.gl/v44j9B

I love that red and this car was high on my list but I couldn't get the lease deal that I needed.

Looking at the parking sensor display in the photos, it's not very intuitive to have the car in landscape mode. Portrait mode would seem to be far more sensible.
 Mazda - Motability car, second-hand - henry k
goo.gl/v44j9B

That must be the shortest description for a car that I have ever seen.

I am used to seeing a vast amount of dross.
IMO the majority of adverts are very poor.
Loads or minor details and important details missed or in a poor order
Looking at the reg, I bet it was owned by an ex. BMW driver!
"Like this?

goo.gl/v44j9B"

Yup. But not auto and (as was pointed out above) not 4WD.

Looking forward to picking it up on Tuesday.
 Mazda - Motability car, second-hand - madf

>>
>> goo.gl/v44j9B
>>
>>
>>

How to give away your postcode..(If you care about such things)
 Mazda - Motability car, second-hand - VxFan
>> How to give away your postcode..(If you care about such things)

Especially when only the 1st part of the link is necessary, and there's no need to shrink it down.

www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/201705175556699
 Mazda - Motability car, second-hand - Manatee
1) Not my postcode; and

2) I don't need to edit or highlight, 2 clicks and the goo.gl extension shortens the link and copies to the clipboard.

But thanks for the tips:)
It's not my postcode either.
Latest Forum Posts