Motoring Discussion > Wonderful London! Miscellaneous
Thread Author: Old Navy Replies: 13

Wonderful London! - Old Navy
I see that cars abandoned on police orders during the terrorist attack were ticketed with £130 parking fines within five minutes of the police cordon being lifted.
 Wonderful London! - Hard Cheese
>> I see that cars abandoned on police orders during the terrorist attack were ticketed with
>> £130 parking fines within five minutes of the police cordon being lifted.
>>

Hmm, there has to be more to the story - do you think that's policy or overzealous attendants or the effect of incentives or attendants coming on shift and having no idea where the cordon was or what?

According to the story (it is in the DM) the parking enforcement team were waiting for the cordon to me removed. The police had texted the car owners to inform them when (8am) the cordon would be removed and their cars could be collected. Obviously someone told the enforcers too. Is it too much to expect that their managers could have told them to hold off for a couple of hours? Or does revenue and incentives take priority over all?
Last edited by: Old Navy on Wed 7 Jun 17 at 18:05
 Wonderful London! - henry k
www.standard.co.uk/news/london/tfl-apologises-for-issuing-parking-tickets-to-drivers-who-fled-from-cars-during-london-bridge-terror-a3559486.html
They would wouldn't they.
Last edited by: Old Navy on Wed 7 Jun 17 at 18:08
 Wonderful London! - Zero
>> I see that cars abandoned on police orders during the terrorist attack were ticketed with
>> £130 parking fines within five minutes of the police cordon being lifted.

Wouldn't have happened anywhere else in the country now would it. Not bothered to find out if they would be rescinded later have you. I am so pleased London deported you.
 Wonderful London! - zippy
TFL have said that they will write off the fines.
 Wonderful London! - BrianByPass
>> TFL have said that they will write off the fines.
>>

That's very generous of them, don't you think?

[ /s ]
Damage limitation beats planning every time.
 Wonderful London! - Mike Hannon
>>Wouldn't have happened anywhere else in the country now would it. Not bothered to find out if they would be rescinded later have you. I am so pleased London deported you.<<

Zero, have you tried Milk of Magnesia?
 Wonderful London! - Zero
>> >>Wouldn't have happened anywhere else in the country now would it. Not bothered to find
>> out if they would be rescinded later have you. I am so pleased London deported
>> you.<<
>>
>> Zero, have you tried Milk of Magnesia?

Its not heavy enough to hit the matelot with
 Wonderful London! - VxFan
>> I see that cars abandoned on police orders during the terrorist attack were ticketed with £130 parking fines within five minutes of the police cordon being lifted.

They must have made a bomb ;)
 Wonderful London! - Shiny
The Shariah Mayor needs to get his jisya somehow.
 Wonderful London! - Dog
=> جزية‎‎

Werd of the day: en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jizya
Latest Forum Posts