Motoring Discussion > Range Rover. Not quite the 'go anywhere' vehicle Miscellaneous
Thread Author: VxFan Replies: 6

Range Rover. Not quite the 'go anywhere' vehicle - VxFan
A hapless motorist tried testing the capabilities of his new £70,000 Range Rover on the beach at Weston-super-Mare – but got bogged down in the treacherous mud 400 metres from the shore and was forced to call for help on Monday.

www.bristolpost.co.uk/news/local-news/driver-tests-70k-range-rover-125138
 Range Rover. Not quite the 'go anywhere' vehicle - Boxsterboy
That sort of behaviour is typical of the Range Rover Sport drivers around our way. A small part of me wishes the car had not been rescued from the tide - I would have loved to see an insurance claim for that!
 Range Rover. Not quite the 'go anywhere' vehicle - No FM2R
Right, because none of us have ever driven a 4WD vehicle somewhere we shouldn't just to see what it was like. And certainly none of us ever got it stuck.

Well, I've done both. Although I did manage to get it out myself and it was well above the tide line so no risk of flooding.
 Range Rover. Not quite the 'go anywhere' vehicle - Cliff Pope
I once got my LandRover bogged down in a wet field after rain. I'd been collecting logs, which I then had to unload and use to fill up the ruts. It felt a bit like sinking endless tree trunks into a marsh to build St Petersburg.

I was looking at an original RangeRover recently. A lovely vehicle, comfortable and fast, yet still every inch a workhorse. With a proper drop-down tailgate for extended loads, always a tell-tale of a real 4WD.
 Range Rover. Not quite the 'go anywhere' vehicle - Lygonos
>>With a proper drop-down tailgate for extended loads

And portly bottoms when out shooting.

Also single figure mpgs were very attainable with the 3.5 V8 lump!
 Range Rover. Not quite the 'go anywhere' vehicle - Bill Payer
The most suprising thing about that story is he managed to get out that far.
 Range Rover. Not quite the 'go anywhere' vehicle - CGNorwich
Reminiscent of that classic Fast Show sketch, "The Offroaders"
Latest Forum Posts