Motoring Discussion > A "special weekend" Accessories and Parts
Thread Author: Lemma Replies: 7

A "special weekend" - Lemma
I had an email shot from Event Tyres who I have used in the past (very good too). They suggested -

“There’s nothing quite like breaking in a fresh set of tyres to really make your weekend something special, so why not treat yourself? Go on, you deserve it!”

Really? How about the nice bottle of Californian Zinfandel I was thinking of opening this weekend? Or possibly a Havana cigar hand rolled on a virgin’s thigh and sealed with a kiss?

Actually I think watching paint dry has more attractions than making my weekend special by breaking in a set of tyres.
 A "special weekend" - smokie
Maybe it depends a bit where it's being done.

I'm at the Nuirburgring next month... :-) www.youtube.com/watch?v=toaVG_xYKf4
 A "special weekend" - spamcan61
>> Maybe it depends a bit where it's being done.
>>
>> I'm at the Nuirburgring next month... :-) www.youtube.com/watch?v=toaVG_xYKf4
>>

I'll just take the coach:-
www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q_LFEvAEmg0

www.youtube.com/watch?v=LX5Y1jcoUXE
 A "special weekend" - Bobby
Often wonder what the insurance situation is for all these smashed cars you see on the Nurburgring?
Do they all get towed out to the main road where they have one vehicle accidents and then get ins co involved?
 A "special weekend" - MD
That's all we drive here in the West Country eh! Perro?
 A "special weekend" - Dog
Plenty of Beemers, Mercs, Audis, Range Rovers and, um, Volvos about down this end from 'up country'.
 A "special weekend" - zippy
>> Often wonder what the insurance situation is for all these smashed cars you see on
>> the Nurburgring?
>> Do they all get towed out to the main road where they have one vehicle
>> accidents and then get ins co involved?
>>

Reminds me of a phone call that I witnessed at work many years ago.....

Newish lad had crashed his company car on the weekend, so there was a not insignificant excess to pay. There were no other cars involved.

If it had been crashed in the car on a work trip there would have been no excess.

The lad explained the situation on the phone to the fleet team and you could hear them ask several times if he was sure, absolutely sure, that the accident happened at the weekend!!!
 A "special weekend" - Ted

I did the Nurburgring by coach in 1958. A very different 'ring I guess.....and a very different coach !
Latest Forum Posts