Motoring Discussion > Can you identify these motorways Miscellaneous
Thread Author: Zero Replies: 24

Can you identify these motorways - Zero
www.telegraph.co.uk/men/the-filter/can-you-identify-these-10-british-motorways-from-their-locations/?utm_campaign=playbuzz

I got 10/10
 Can you identify these motorways - wotspur
Well that was,too easy, why didn't they,put in some of the smaller ones
 Can you identify these motorways - smokie
Even I got 10/10 :-)
 Can you identify these motorways - nice but dim
10/10, I was expecting a Google maps street view image of a random stretch with a exit destination sign as the question.
 Can you identify these motorways - tyrednemotional
....or even without an exit sign for the "advanced" test.......

(BTW, have you tried Google Streetview on a motorway; there's a bit of a spoiler without photoshopping (if you orient the view along the carriageway, at least))

;-)
Last edited by: tyrednemotional on Thu 3 Aug 17 at 09:04
 Can you identify these motorways - Old Navy
That would be the English and Welsh British motorways then. :-)

How about the M876 or A823M ?
Last edited by: Old Navy on Thu 3 Aug 17 at 09:59
 Can you identify these motorways - Hard Cheese
The M8 was there.

10/10 though it would have been better if not multiple choice ....
I didn't do the test, I only really know the M6, M42, and M40 as they are the only motorways I normally use in the area south of civilisation. :-)
Last edited by: Old Navy on Thu 3 Aug 17 at 10:26
 Can you identify these motorways - Zero
>> I didn't do the test,

So you passed a disparaging comment without actually knowing anything about it? I find that rather surprising.

Ok that last sentence is a lie.
 Can you identify these motorways - VxFan
Pass the dunce's cap this way.

7 out of 10.
...can we have a game of "spot the roundabout" now?.......
There are plenty that would fail that one, oo it was dark so I couldn't see it. :-)
 Can you identify these motorways - movilogo
9/10

The options made it easier as I could eliminate the impossible ones :-)
 Can you identify these motorways - henry k
>> 9/10. The options made it easier as I could eliminate the impossible ones :-)
>>
Me too. Never driven N of the border or even near it so no idea of their motorways numbering so I guess - wrong..
 Can you identify these motorways - VxFan
>> ...can we have a game of "spot the roundabout" now?.......

It would only go round in circles if we did.
>> It would only go round in circles if we did.
>>

.....well, apparently sometimes it wouldn't.....!

;-)
 Can you identify these motorways - Mapmaker
I'm astonished anybody got any of them wrong. Whilst the questions would have been more difficult if there had been no multiple choice, the multiple choices were set up in such a way that it was very difficult to go wrong.

I had no idea of Scottish motorway numbers (other than that they had to begin with 7, 8 or 9). However the choice was 27, 3 or 9; so it could only be 9. And the other one was 16, 8 or 14; so could only be 8.
 Can you identify these motorways - Hard Cheese
>> I'm astonished anybody got any of them wrong. Whilst the questions would have been more
>> difficult if there had been no multiple choice, the multiple choices were set up in
>> such a way that it was very difficult to go wrong.
>>

Agreed ...
 Can you identify these motorways - CGNorwich
Not so easy for us in Norfolk. Had to check what a motorway actually is as we don't have them in these parts. We don't like all that rushing about.

www.google.co.uk/search?q=wiveton+speed+sign&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&hl=en-gb&client=safari#imgrc=ly-y_rV-uoMrLM:
 Can you identify these motorways - Clk Sec
I surprised myself by getting 8/10.
 Can you identify these motorways - No FM2R
I completely stunned myself with 9/10. I got No. 9 wrong - the M8.
 Can you identify these motorways - Runfer D'Hills
I got 10/10, didn't even have to think, but I suppose it'd have been a poor do if I hadn't got them all correct. I've driven on all of them more times than is reasonable for one lifetime.

Depressing things in terms of scenery, most of them, with the notable exception of the northern reaches of the M6.
 Can you identify these motorways - Crankcase
9, but having read Mapmaker's comment about Scottish numbering systems first, my guesses worked. Otherwise I could easily have got 6 or 7 I suppose.

Be more interesting if there was one for B roads. Could be very challenging. Or very dull, take your pick.

Edit. Got the third one wrong, and still don't know the answer without looking it up. But unfortunately I have breathing and blinking currently taking a higher priority in my interest levels.
Last edited by: Crankcase on Thu 3 Aug 17 at 20:15
 Can you identify these motorways - Bromptonaut
Like others, the blind siders were the Scottish motorways but easy because all answers except correct one could not be Scots as road numbers below M70. If multiple choice had followed usual protocol of having an answer that was plausible but wrong then it'd have been more of a challenge.

As would have been separating M45 from M69 or differentiating some of M6x motorways in north west.
>>.... it'd have been a poor do if I hadn't got them all correct. I've driven on all of them......
>>

.....I thought that was going to continue

......today!

8-)
Latest Forum Posts