Motoring Discussion > Some patio doors will fix that Miscellaneous
Thread Author: Zero Replies: 22

Some patio doors will fix that - Zero
www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-york-north-yorkshire-41140279
 Some patio doors will fix that - Harleyman
Says as much about the construction of modern houses as anything else. Occupants of car wouldn't have been so lucky if they'd ploughed into my gaff; built 1780-ish with walls up to 3 feet thick!
 Some patio doors will fix that - rtj70
Surprised a man in his 20s would pay out for insurance on a Golf R - as in it must be expensive.
 Some patio doors will fix that - Zero
Is it insured?
 Some patio doors will fix that - CGNorwich
Bound to be . Young lad driving like a maniac late at night trying to impress his mates. Not the sort who would drive without insurance surely
 Some patio doors will fix that - BiggerBadderDave
"...trying to impress his mates. Not the sort who would drive without insurance surely"

My first car had electric windows. Electric windows. Windows. That went up and down. Operated by a button. And it was fully insured. I kid you not.
 Some patio doors will fix that - R.P.
Lucky dog !
 Some patio doors will fix that - rtj70
>> Is it insured?
>>

I wouldn't be surprised it was not properly insured.
 Some patio doors will fix that - The Melting Snowman
I know a number of young men in their 20s (sons of friends) who work full-time and live at home, so have quite decent disposable income. Some don't see any chance of buying property so may as well have a decent car. Not my way of thinking but can understand it.
 Some patio doors will fix that - Boxsterboy
>> I know a number of young men in their 20s (sons of friends) who work
>> full-time and live at home, so have quite decent disposable income. Some don't see any
>> chance of buying property so may as well have a decent car. Not my way
>> of thinking but can understand it.
>>

I don't understand it. Do these young men not realise that spending their income on a depreciating asset is likely to prevent them ever being able to afford their own home?
 Some patio doors will fix that - No FM2R
You are of course right. But............

Let's work out what I, for example spent from when I started earning (age 14, local farm) until I thought I better buy a house (age 30, Southampton area).

A stonking s***load, and I had a wild time all over the world.

You're only young once and you cannot live your whole youth just for your future.

In hindsight I just had the most fantastic time in my irresponsible younger days - from say 15 - 35. I hope my daughters do the same.

Mark Age 21. Lancia Beta 2000PE (yes, it was rusty).
 Some patio doors will fix that - Duncan
>> www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-york-north-yorkshire-41140279
>>

A pair of Derek Trotter's lowvree doors would look just ace in that gap.
 Some patio doors will fix that - R.P.

tinyurl.com/y7jnayjw

More photos here - at least you can see how it happened.
Last edited by: R.P. on Sun 3 Sep 17 at 14:37
 Some patio doors will fix that - Fullchat
Looks like he's been down the left pavement with a trashed wheel?
Unconnected I think.
 Some patio doors will fix that - Cliff Pope
It's like a stunt fom an old Buster Keaton film. It looks impresive but you know that really the bricks weren't cemented - there was a prepared car-shaped hole set up beforehand.
 Some patio doors will fix that - tyrednemotional
...I reckon it's a "Banksy".......
 Some patio doors will fix that - DP
As soon as I saw it was a Golf R, I couldn't help wondering if it was stolen. These have become the wheels of choice for criminals apparently. Capable of outrunning most things without needing any real driving skill, and subtle enough that it doesn't attract attention. There are loads of stories online of carjacking and houses being burgled for keys.

Even CAR magazine's long termer got nicked in 2016.
 Some patio doors will fix that - MD
Is there a van version?
 Some patio doors will fix that - Bobby
www.autoevolution.com/news/caddy-van-gets-mk6-golf-r-and-mk7-gti-body-kits-looks-rad-110660.html
 Some patio doors will fix that - Cliff Pope
I assumed MD was asking tongue in cheek whether a van version was available as more suited for nicking for use in a serious raid, not just smash and grab?
 Some patio doors will fix that - MD
Any Q car is good.
the-gadgeteer.com/2007/10/29/takara_tomy_q_steer_rc_race_car/
Latest Forum Posts