Motoring Discussion > Skoda 3 day test drive Miscellaneous
Thread Author: Bobby Replies: 18

Skoda 3 day test drive - Bobby
m.skoda.co.uk/real-life-test-drive

Unfortunately not available in my area
 Skoda 3 day test drive - rtj70
When I had a Superb hatch to test drive in April they were quick with a date to drop the car off. They "apologised" to say that because it was over a bank holiday I'd have it for a week. Gave me time to swap back and forth between my car and that to compare. Not that I'd get another A3.

Because of throttle mapping it was obvious Skoda is trying to prevent performance being accessible in normal modes. The 220PS car felt more sluggish than my 150PS :-) Both DSG although mine is 7 speed dry clutch.

It's good to have a car for at least 3 days. I think Skoda were also offering money off the purchase price if you went ahead and bought one too.
 Skoda 3 day test drive - Fursty Ferret
Page doesn't work for me. It's a strange thing with car manufacturers when they don't test their websites properly - they rarely work properly on Chrome, and sometimes parts don't work on any browser.

Makes you wonder what the quality control on their cars is like.
 Skoda 3 day test drive - martin aston
I agree. Similarly various manufacturer special offers that their press offices release to the media are often hard to find on the officlai websites.

For example the Suzuki 0% offer that has been in HJ and elsewhere but is well buried in their website.
 Skoda 3 day test drive - Bobby
Working on Safari and Chrome on my phone
 Skoda 3 day test drive - No FM2R
Ditto.
Ditto.
 Skoda 3 day test drive - legacylad
Working on my phone but 3 day test N/A @ my home post code.
Currently enforced rest day in ghost town of Val d'Isere due to driving rain and snow over 2400m..Our GR5 walk goes over 9000' so discretion advised aujourdhui
 Skoda 3 day test drive - Crankcase
Not in my area either.

Just as well. Got back from holiday today to find two mail shots from different Volvo dealers. One is an exclusive invite to a Gold Ticket Event, and the other has clearly gone upmarket, as it's an exclusive invite to a Platinum Ticket event.

I only ever went to one of those things at my local Toyota garage. The invite offered drinks, nibbles, exclusive prices, a chance to see a new model, test drives and general excitements.

When we got there none of the above were available, and none of the staff did or said anything out of the ordinary. The prices were just "let's start with rrp and a straight face" as always.

Waste of my time.

Skoda 3 day test drive - Dog
>>and general excitements.

I read that as excrements, sorry. I must be spending too much time down my septic tank!
>> I must be spending too much time down my septic tank!

Surely any time at all is too much time???
>>Surely any time at all is too much time???

Blocked soakaway - pit rather than drainfield. I always like to roll up my sleeves instead of calling in an ex spurt.

Soakaway needs to be dug up and redone really, but I'm trying to put that orf because it's a big job with mucho mess. The washing machine has been emptying into the septic tank for 10 years - not a good idea, so I've diverted that now which has helped stop the tank flooding but, well, this Cornwall and the rain it raineth ...!
 Skoda 3 day test drive - R.P.
I have a sceptic tank.
 Skoda 3 day test drive - CGNorwich
Discharging washing machine waste water into soak away thus contaminating ground water really not a good idea and in breach of regulations.

>>Discharging washing machine waste water into soak away thus contaminating ground water really not a good idea and in breach of regulations.

Where do you think the 'wastewater' from my and thousands of other septic tanks / cesspits ends up CG?
 Skoda 3 day test drive - CGNorwich
www.wte-ltd.co.uk/soakaways.html
>>"A foul water soakaway drainfield is NOT a ‘Pit filled with stones’ or 'Crates' etc.
These types of sewage effluent soakaways are built by 'Cowboys' who don't know the regulations.
They are ONLY allowed for surface roof water, NOT sewage effluent"

NFC! .. my soakaway is just that, a pit filled with stones & rocks, same as the system we had a phew properties ago, due to: "clay soils will fail and it is not worth performing the tests"

None of those 3 tests mentioned on that website were carried out when this 18th century cottage was 'restored' and extended, again NFC!

I shall spend some hours looking around that website + links. The ole woman did look at our AXA buildings insurance policy to see if the septic tank / soakaway was covered but, no such luck.
And ... there's more:

"An inspection chamber should be installed between the septic tank and the drainfield"

Common in N. America, I've never seen one in Cornwall but, I'm in the process of installing one so I can get a high-pressure jet down the pipe and blast the carp out of the pit :o)
 Skoda 3 day test drive - Stuartli
....and yet some forum members from the Home Counties think that we up north live in utter squalor....:-)
Latest Forum Posts