Motoring Discussion > Librarians are well read? Miscellaneous
Thread Author: sherlock47 Replies: 12

Librarians are well read? - sherlock47
www.suffolkgazette.com/news/motorhome-crash/

Now if she had come from Norfolk, it may have been understandable?
 Librarians are well read? - rtj70
>> Spencer-Smith, 62, of Cretingham

So is someone from Cretingham known as a Cretin?
 Librarians are well read? - rtj70
She was obviously confused about what cruise control does.

But my next car can steer on motorways on cruise control if road markings are recognised. It will disengage apparently if you stop holding the steering for more than 12s. But it can be duped.
 Librarians are well read? - zippy
This is a case of reality mimicking fiction...

www.snopes.com/autos/techno/cruise.asp
 Librarians are well read? - Harleyman
(Coughs gently)

The Suffolk Gazette is a spoof news website. As should be evident by the byline, "Rob Banks, crime reporter".

Although I daresay there are motorhome drivers stupid enough to do this. Maybe even on this site. ;-)
Last edited by: Harleyman on Sat 16 Sep 17 at 02:28
 Librarians are well read? - Duncan
Some really interesting news stories on that site.

www.suffolkgazette.com/farming/cattle-orwell-bridge/

Even I didn't know that!

Edit.

I like the click down menu for donating at the side.
Last edited by: Duncan on Sat 16 Sep 17 at 06:06
 Librarians are well read? - tyrednemotional
>>
>> Although I daresay there are motorhome drivers stupid enough to do this. Maybe even
>> on this site. ;-)
>>
In over 25 years of use, I've never crashed mine whilst I was doing that (spilt the coffee walking back to the cab, though!).

Next it'll be the one about the thief attempting to syphon fuel from a motorhome, but choosing the black (sewage) tank cap to insert the tube into and suck........

;-)
 Librarians are well read? - Bromptonaut
>> Next it'll be the one about the thief attempting to syphon fuel from a motorhome,
>> but choosing the black (sewage) tank cap to insert the tube into and suck........

Off on a tangent but......

When you visit those Vidange Camping Car places in France what are you disposing of?

My assumption is grey water from kitchen and wash room and that toilet waste is in a cassette same as my caravan and emptied at a WC Chimique point.

Reason for asking is that I was reprimanded on a French site for taking my caravan's grey water tank to the Vidange point and instructed to use the chemical toilet thingy instead. I assume it was a misunderstanding as French caravanners don't seem to use fresh/grey water tanks but just take kettle or whatever to the tap and empty wash up water in the hedge.
 Librarians are well read? - Cliff Pope

>>
>> The Suffolk Gazette is a spoof news website. As should be evident by the byline,
>> "Rob Banks, crime reporter".
>>

And it's strap line, "You couldn't make it up".
 Librarians are well read? - sherlock47
But it does do a convincing job!

That is a lesson on not using the internet in the middle of the night :)
 Librarians are well read? - Harleyman
>> But it does do a convincing job!
>>
>> That is a lesson on not using the internet in the middle of the night
>> :)
>>

There's a few of them about; WalesOnCraic is a favourite down here. You won't be the first or last to be caught out; and some of the stories are an absolute joy!
 Librarians are well read? - zippy
>> (Coughs gently)
>>
>> The Suffolk Gazette is a spoof news website. As should be evident by the byline,
>> "Rob Banks, crime reporter".
>>
>> Although I daresay there are motorhome drivers stupid enough to do this. Maybe even
>> on this site. ;-)
>>
>>

Doh! :-)
 Librarians are well read? - Zero
Ironically, its possible now, and will be commonplace in a few years time. The tea making, not the crashing.
Latest Forum Posts