Motoring Discussion > Audi Q7 - Used Q7 - what bills to expect? Buying / Selling
Thread Author: Auntie Lockbrakes Replies: 17

Audi Q7 - Used Q7 - what bills to expect? - Auntie Lockbrakes
Hi - looking at a used (2011) Q7 3-litre TDi with 90,000 miles on the clock. Private seller. Price is fair. Assuming that it has a full service history, is it due some big routine maintenance bills soon? (DPF, cambelt, EGR, etc... or are these components not routine maintenance and likely to last a while longer unless the car had led a hard life?)
 Audi Q7 - Used Q7 - what bills to expect? - Zero
Every bill with a used Q7 will be big
 Audi Q7 - Used Q7 - what bills to expect? - Bromptonaut
If there's a cambelt then it will require replacement at some point, you'll need to check vehicle's history.

DPF filters also have, at least theoretically, a finite life. HJ and others say 60-80k, my Berlingo's manual says 100k plus. They then ned either replacement or a professional clean. EGR on some VAG diesels is problematic. My 1.6 Skoda Roomster very occasionally flashes up a warning for that but as light clears after stop I've not bothered with it.

These a probably questions for a VAG specific forum.
 Audi Q7 - Used Q7 - what bills to expect? - Zero
Its a cam chain. needs changing about 180k
 Audi Q7 - Used Q7 - what bills to expect? - DP
A colleague ran one for a week, and reckoned it was the thirstiest car he'd ever had. Averaged about 25 mpg.
Weighs well over 2 tonnes I believe... Would only do around 8000 miles a year so I can swallow the fuel bills.
 Audi Q7 - Used Q7 - what bills to expect? - Boxsterboy
Big car = big bills. And cars don't come much bigger than a Q7!

Future bills all depend how well it has been driven and serviced. You won't have a clue how it's been driven, but you should be able to establish how well it has been serviced.
 Audi Q7 - Used Q7 - what bills to expect? - legacylad
Had one as a taxi a few days ago in the Maurienne region. The single open hotel in Termignon was full of German bikers so we had to go back up the hill at the end of a very long days walk to Lanslebourg.
It was a very impressive piece of machinery & looked good in white
 Audi Q7 - Used Q7 - what bills to expect? - sooty123
That's an expensive piece of kit to use as a taxi.
Val Cenis ski region. From Bonneval sur Arc down to Briancon, where I am currently. Probably a 7 seater & obviously 4 WD. A lovely part of the world ( except when there is no room at the inn)
I meant Modane, not Briancon.
Modane is in the Maurienne valley....I've moved on since there.... blame it on the altitude & detox regime
Last edited by: legacylad on Sun 17 Sep 17 at 07:39
 Audi Q7 - Used Q7 - what bills to expect? - carmalade
If it has not already had them replaced,it will probably need new inlet manifold runner flaps and actuators.That's about £1k to fix.
 Audi Q7 - Used Q7 - what bills to expect? - Mapmaker
I guess if you're prepared to spend 20k on a 6 -year-old car that will cost you 4k p.a. in petrol over a measly 8k miles then... (I had a Legacy that *drank* petrol, this thing is twice the size...)
 Audi Q7 - Used Q7 - what bills to expect? - Fenlander
With some experience of running "prestige" cars at 100k mls+ I'd say if you are using garages assume large bills and be grateful if it turns out better. In the service file of the Mercedes we've just bought there are several near £1000 bills for a service with extras. Going back a few years the Alfa I bought had costs thousands over the two years previous to me buying it.

If you assume there can be significant wear/age related expenditure between 150-200k mls you are already 50-66% of the way there in mileage terms.
 Audi Q7 - Used Q7 - what bills to expect? - TheManWithNoName
You're not looking at buying that Audi Q7 mentioned in an earlier thread are you?
The one where it was stolen?

Just asking, like.
 Audi Q7 - Used Q7 - what bills to expect? - rtj70
Isn't Auntie Lockbrakes in Australia? So wouldn't be buying something advertised or stolen in the UK.
Close rtj, I am in New Zealand!

Have to say that I was curious because SWMBO expressed an interest in the Q7. I think she's dropped the idea now, probably because she's managing the finances for our new house build (eye-watering...).

Can't honestly say I'd relish ownership of a 7 year old Q7. Think I'd rather divert the funds towards a new Civic 1.5 turbo to replace my A1 sometime next year :-)
 Audi Q7 - Used Q7 - what bills to expect? - TheManWithNoName
>> Isn't Auntie Lockbrakes in Australia? So wouldn't be buying something advertised or stolen in the
>> UK.

Yeah, but if you know a bloke dahn the pub whose mate works for an airfreight company it could be outta the country in 24 hours, innit?
Latest Forum Posts