Motoring Discussion > M25 traffic data Miscellaneous
Thread Author: bathtub tom Replies: 10

M25 traffic data - bathtub tom
I've got to go to grandson's birthday at the week-end (M1 J13 to M25 J10) and as I'm retired I can travel at a time of my choosing. I'm looking for a breakdown of typical delays by day of the week and time of day so I can travel at the easiest time.
I can't find what I want on t'interweb thingmy and wonder if anyone can point me in the right direction?
 M25 traffic data - CGNorwich
It's normally OK between 2 and 3 in the morning.. apart from then it's solid.
 M25 traffic data - Zero
As a junction 10 resident.

M25 Junction 21 to M25 Junct 10 is clear 11:00 to 14:00, 20:00 to 06:30. That is 7 days a week.

outside those times it will be slow J16 to J11 in various degrees of jamness. If unlucky the whole motorway from 16 to 11 will be at a standstill.
Last edited by: Zero on Mon 9 Oct 17 at 13:17
 M25 traffic data - Duncan
Traffic England. Scroll in for close ups.

www.trafficengland.com/
 M25 traffic data - Manatee
Use google maps on a pc to plan the journey - if you use the "depart at" option you can see the effects on estimated journey time and where the slow bits are.

goo.gl/cNQvUe

e.g. (above link) setting off at 4pm on Friday says 80 -150 minutes.

8am Saturday estimate is 50-70 minutes.

These are probably the best estimates you are going to get. Google uses crowd-sourced traffic speeds both to provide live traffic and build the forecasts.
 M25 traffic data - bathtub tom
That's perfect, thanks Manatee. I've never used that facility before.
 M25 traffic data - Zero

>> e.g. (above link) setting off at 4pm on Friday says 80 -150 minutes.

The the traffic equivalent of saying "who the hell knows but it will be bad"

TBH at 4pm on Friday that is wildly optimistic and will be at top end of estimate
 M25 traffic data - Runfer D'Hills
>> TBH at 4pm on Friday that is wildly optimistic and will be at top end of estimate

People desperate to escape back to civilisation I suppose.
;-)
 M25 traffic data - Zero

>> People desperate to escape back to civilisation I suppose.
>> ;-)

As that its Southbound, I am positive you are right.
 M25 traffic data - Manatee
>>
>> >> e.g. (above link) setting off at 4pm on Friday says 80 -150 minutes.
>>
>> The the traffic equivalent of saying "who the hell knows but it will be bad"
>>
>> TBH at 4pm on Friday that is wildly optimistic and will be at top end
>> of estimate

They might as well say "up to 150 minutes". Even then there is always the possibility that it will all go to hell and an accident will close a motorway with travellers stuck on it. We just have to accept that.

I'd use the top end of that range too, plus another hour if being late wasn't an option.

M25 traffic data - Hard Cheese
Did M3 (M25 junction 12) to A2 (M25 junction 2) on Saturday between about 1330 and 1430, a clear run, no delays.

Did A2 (M25 junction 2) to M3 (M25 junction 12) today between about 1630 and 1730, a clear run, no delays.
Last edited by: Hard Cheese on Mon 9 Oct 17 at 20:30
Latest Forum Posts