Motoring Discussion > Mercedes Benz - Runfer d'Merc Dealer
Thread Author: Hard Cheese Replies: 36

Mercedes Benz - Runfer d'Merc Dealer - Hard Cheese
www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-41633941
 Mercedes Benz - Runfer d'Merc Dealer - Runfer D'Hills
Quite like that blue colour of the one in the photo.
 Mercedes Benz - Runfer d'Merc Dealer - PeterS
I’m going to guess it’s canvasite blue. The c class convertible looks rather fetching in that colour, though a selenite grey one with cranberry leather appeals ;)
It'd look nice on an E Class estate too you'd think? Or, an X Class pick up... ( not that I know anyone who might be sniffing around one of those to save on bik...)
😇
 Mercedes Benz - Runfer d'Merc Dealer - Old Navy
Make sure they have been fixed! :-)

www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-41633941
Can anyone bring themselves to tell him?
;-)
 Mercedes Benz - Runfer d'Merc Dealer - Old Navy
OK,OK, RTFM (thread).
 Mercedes Benz - Runfer d'Merc Dealer - tyrednemotional
>> Can anyone bring themselves to tell him?
>> ;-)

...I think it's a faulty windairbag issue......
An e class state would look good in that colour I’m sure. As would an x class, though the chrome side steps might make it look a bit, how can I put this, p****? And, if you do 40k miles a year I’d make sure I have a long test drive. The refinement of other trucks of this ilk is woeful compared to a proper car and might become tiresome...
Yeah, but, if someone had one, he could have a sideline in tarmacing drives and so on at the weekends eh?
Especially, if he also already had an appropriate pair of boots...
;-)
Or have a white one and do weddings at the weekend ...
 Mercedes Benz - Runfer d'Merc Dealer - Avant
Isn't the new Mercedes pickup just a tarted-up Nissan Navara? And I think I saw a picture of one with a Renault badge as well.

I wonder how much you'll have to pay extra for the three-pointed star badge.
A Nissan Navara you say...oh dear... :(
www.europe4x4mag.com/2017/02/22/snapped-chassis-2-update-corrosion-problem-nissan-navara/
 Mercedes Benz - Runfer d'Merc Dealer - Auntie Lockbrakes
Y'all may joke, but I predict that those X-class pick-ups will sell like hot cakes with a lengthy waiting list!

They'll be priced at 50 thousand pounds here in NZ...
Ok, let's put this another way, the equivalent model to my current company car would/will cost me just over £420 a month in bik in the tax year 2018/2019 and over £460 a month the following year.

An X Class ( because it qualifies as a van ) is £108 a month in personal tax in the same period.

>> Ok, let's put this another way, the equivalent model to my current company car would/will
>> cost me just over £420 a month in bik in the tax year 2018/2019 and
>> over £460 a month the following year.
>>
>> An X Class ( because it qualifies as a van ) is £108 a month
>> in personal tax in the same period.
>>

Hey that sounds like fantastic value! Only £300 a month to drive a proper car rather than a truck ...
:-)
 Mercedes Benz - Runfer d'Merc Dealer - Zero
>> Ok, let's put this another way, the equivalent model to my current company car would/will
>> cost me just over £420 a month in bik in the tax year 2018/2019 and
>> over £460 a month the following year.
>>
>> An X Class ( because it qualifies as a van ) is a £108 a month VAN

Absolutely, but quite a nice one though.
How about this?

www.ford.co.uk/vans-and-pickups/ranger
Yeah, looked at those too. "Wildtrack" seems to be the one to have.
The Ranger seems a bit more butch than the X-Class. I know someone who runs a Mitsubishi L200 for tax reasons.

I would seriously pay the extra tax for a car that is enjoyable to drive.
It's not just the tax for me, although that isn't to be sniffed at is it? Especially with a son who is probably going to uni next year, a £300 a month saving could come in very handy.

I'm also thinking that a pickup would also suit our weekend life very well. Most Saturdays/Sundays we are to be found somewhere muddy/steep with our mountain bikes and their ancillary kit.

Dunno, it's not an urgent decision, and I'm a great believer in doing what feels right on the day. I'll undoubtedly ponder various options before reaching any conclusions.

Comfort is important to me, and there is also the practicality of such a large vehicle in city centres and multi storey car parks etc to consider. But some of them are very highly specced, auto boxes, sat nav, Bluetooth etc.

Probably need to borrow/test one for a day or two.
 Mercedes Benz - Runfer d'Merc Dealer - No FM2R
I have a couple of pickups, I like them.

But you have no protection against theft from the back of them. Even in traffic its not unknown for some git to run up, grab something and run off again.
But you can get sort of roller shutter covers for the loadbays can't you, even a full hard top if you need the room.
The covers will keep your stuff safe in traffic or from casual picking up, but I wouldn't trust them much more than that.

And you'll be surprised how little a pickup will carry once you put a cover on them.

The full hard tops are pretty good, though I've only ever had one, but then I'd be wondering why you didn't just a buy a transit. Or a minibus with the seats out.

Or an SUV, apparently they're fashionable for those who like copying someone else's shoes.Or something like that.
Last edited by: No FM2R on Tue 17 Oct 17 at 12:49

>>
>> Probably need to borrow/test one for a day or two.
>>

We have some Ranger Wildtracks at work; they’re fine off road and for bimbling around, but even as a passenger on the way to Gatwick I can tell you they’re not great to sit in. I think doing a few hundred miles a day in one would be purgatory!
Well, apparently, and I admit I'm not in any way an expert on these things, the new X Class has been designed to drive more like an SUV than a pickup. Something to do with the suspension set up. Evidently, the new Navara has a similar arrangement. Less bouncy it's claimed.
Last edited by: Runfer D'Hills on Tue 17 Oct 17 at 13:00
Likewise I know nothing of the newer ones, I do know that both mine are very bouncy when unladen; though as they are both high ground clearance models because of the terrain I drive on, I always assumed it was that.

My real Landcruiser is pretty comfortable on the road or the rough, but the PPOS is also bouncy.
 Mercedes Benz - Runfer d'Merc Dealer - tyrednemotional
>> I'm also thinking that a pickup would also suit our weekend life very well. Most
>> Saturdays/Sundays we are to be found somewhere muddy/steep with our mountain bikes and their ancillary
>> kit.

...if it's soon back to two-up and weekend bikes, then a route such as this (other converters are available) might be a more interesting option....

www.neneoverland.co.uk/nene-ut90/

Ride sorted, BIK sorted, capacity possibly sorted, and 4x4 for the tracks....

;-)
Oooh er, now then...that's more than a wee bit interesting. Thanks.
 Mercedes Benz - Runfer d'Merc Dealer - Boxsterboy
One problem with driving a 'van' is the lower speed limit on single and dual carriage way roads - 50 mph and 60 mph respectively - 10mph lower than for cars. 'Car-derived vans' under 2 tonnes laden have the same speed limits as cars. Worth checking/bearing in mind.
Yes indeed, good point, but there is a convenient oddity about these pickups with back seats. They qualify as vans for company car tax but as cars for speed limits.
 Mercedes Benz - Runfer d'Merc Dealer - Zero
cost you 46k to buy,
Fortunately, I wouldn't be paying for it personally!
>> Fortunately, I wouldn't be paying for it personally directly!

I needed to fix that for you.
Quite so.
Latest Forum Posts