Motoring Discussion > McLaren - F1 ultra- low mileage (148 miles) - up for auction Miscellaneous
Thread Author: Falkirk Bairn Replies: 8

McLaren - F1 ultra- low mileage (148 miles) - up for auction - Falkirk Bairn
Do not all rush - £12m estimate & it is yellow.

tinyurl.com/y9ks6vf2

Last edited by: VxFan on Wed 18 Oct 17 at 12:54
 McLaren - -F1 ultra- low mileage (148 miles - up for auction - Old Navy
I had a yellow Datsun 160B when my daughters were teenagers, the transport requests were always suffixed with "in mums car", at the time a red FIAT Uno SX.
 McLaren - -F1 ultra- low mileage (148 miles - up for auction - Hard Cheese
>> I had a yellow Datsun 160B when my daughters were teenagers, the transport requests were always suffixed with "in mums car", at the time a red FIAT Uno SX.
>>

Reckon that's because it was a Datsun 160B, not because it was yellow ...
More than likely, but it was an unmissable private purchase from someone emigrating who was desperate to sell it. I bought it at half list price with 700 miles on it. The only replacement part it needed in 50,000 miles was a thermostat but the tin worm was just appearing when I sold it. It was a Japanese Cortina, but a bit more reliable.
Last edited by: Old Navy on Wed 18 Oct 17 at 16:04
 McLaren - -F1 ultra- low mileage (148 miles - up for auction - Hard Cheese
I remember a friend's dad having a Datsun 180B, it wasn't half as cool as a Cortina - in the eyes of 13 year old boys anyway ...
I don't do badge snobbery, it is transport, as long as it does the job in comfort it is OK for me.
 McLaren - -F1 ultra- low mileage (148 miles - up for auction - legacylad
Quite so.
 McLaren - -F1 ultra- low mileage (148 miles - up for auction - zippy
I had a Datsun 120Y and later a Sunny when I first started to drive.

Both were better equipped, and easier to drive than the competition at the time (from the test drives of similar cars in my c£500 budget.)

I also reckon they were easier drives.

I really really wanted the coupe version.
 McLaren - -F1 ultra- low mileage (148 miles - up for auction - Manatee
>> I had a yellow Datsun 160B when my daughters were teenagers,

Ah, the Bluebird. Good cars, although they rusted a bit. RWD of course, in an era when that meant being careful with the accelerator in the wet. I spun one through about 270 degrees doing a u-turn more or less outside Huddersfield police station. I think it was a 180B actually - the last version, the one after the coke-bottle shape.
Latest Forum Posts