Motoring Discussion > Veteran Car Run Crash Miscellaneous
Thread Author: Bobby Replies: 9

Veteran Car Run Crash - Bobby
www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-surrey-41879353

Of course, immediate priority is that I hope all survive this accident but also sad to hear of these vintage cars that will have been nurtured and cared for over the years being totally wrecked.
 Veteran Car Run Crash - Zero
The route is down Reigate hill, a long steep one. My money is on 115 year old brake failure
 Veteran Car Run Crash - zippy
>>Reigate Hill.

Part of my commute for several years in the late '90s. Hated it.

Twisty, steep, almost always congested at rush hour. Speed camera as well.

I agree, a mistake in assessing speed down the hill could be a factor. Brake fade is my guess.
 Veteran Car Run Crash - henry k
A large photo of the remains. A few seconds is enough of the robot voice.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=wv1UDY3hkzQ

Meanwhile some veterans ( and others )

www.youtube.com/watch?v=QJpo8amCWn8
 Veteran Car Run Crash - helicopter
Why on earth were they on Reigate Hill? Very nasty crash .

The route always used to be the A23 , the hill is part of the A217 so why was it changed to include such a dangerous and twisty hill with a level crossing at the bottom?

I lived in Reigate for 26 years and always used to nip over the common at Earlswood to the A23 to watch the run with bacon sarnies and hot coffee.The you tube video above of the run is taken very near the point where we used to stand .

Veteran Car Run Crash - bathtub tom
>>Why on earth were they on Reigate Hill?

I believe it was something to do with road works in Brixton, necessitating the vehicles avoiding it.

There appears to be fresh scrape marks on the road, across the kerb and along the footpath. I wonder if it had turned over before the collision with the other cars, but it seems to be in an odd position if it did.
 Veteran Car Run Crash - TheManWithNoName
No doubt Mayor Khan will be pleased knowing there is one less polluting old banger on the road.
 Veteran Car Run Crash - Ted

It should be a fairly easy repair, just a big Meccano set. Will cost the insurers a fair wad, though.
 Veteran Car Run Crash - Cliff Pope
Probably a mistake to increase the speed limit form 4 to 14 mph.
 Veteran Car Run Crash - TheManWithNoName
>> No doubt Mayor Khan will be pleased knowing there is one less polluting old banger
>> on the road.
>>

Ooh, a scowly. Sorry Mr Khan, I didn't expect you to be a member on C4P!
Latest Forum Posts