Motoring Discussion > New EV SUVs announced Miscellaneous
Thread Author: Crankcase Replies: 17

New EV SUVs announced - Crankcase
tinyurl.com/yadyyfp6

Link goes to Fuel Included, an EV site.

Summary if you don't want to click. Two new compact SUVs for sale next year, one from Hyundai, one from Kia, alleged 200 mile range. Quite a lot of pennies, but not jaw droppingly so after the £4500 grant you still get at the moment, perhaps.

I won't pull apart all the pros and cons, just thought it might be interesting to those who don't look at such sites.

I also note on the same site, incidentally, news that BMW have announced their 100,000th i3 model rolling off the assembly line, which shows some commitment and market I guess.

Some other interesting bits on their blog too about things happening right now in the EV world, batteries, and power grid management.

New EV SUVs announced - movilogo
With public sentiment turning against diesel, SUV segment will be affected the worst.

Very few people would buy petrol SUVs with poor fuel economy in absence of diesels.

So, they have no choice but to offer electric SUVs.

At least people who really need SUVs would buy SUVs now and not simply as status symbol.

New EV SUVs announced - Hard Cheese
I heard the other day that BMW have delayed the X3 40e or whatever it will be called, the X5 40e and 330e use the same 252bhp 4 cyl petrol and elec motor combo though apparently the new X3 "e" will wait for some updated tech, presumably in respect of the battery.

New EV SUVs announced - smokie
Unless they have a magic electricity tree, I don't see how they call it "free fuel". Well, I get some free in the summer from my panels but other than that - to call it free is misleading!! Cheap maybe...
 New EV SUVs announced - Lygonos
>> I don't see how they call it "free fuel"

At least for now. Another 70 mile trip today, this time courtesy of

map.chargeplacescotland.org/chargePoint?bayNo=50938

/smug
 New EV SUVs announced - smokie
Lucky you!! There's hardly any free ones round here (Berkshire) - but my car charges v slowly so not practical anyway...
Charged for free today in Ely, but that's by the by. Well, it's by Sainsburys actually. Also had a Discussion with a man in an ICE who had parked in one of the EV charging bays. Anyway.

I think the point about the free fuel above is perhaps about the Fuel Included setup? As far as I understand it, you buy your EV from them and then they work out how much 10000 miles of electricity at Economy 7 prices is (couple of hundred?) and quarterly they post you a cheque for fifty quid or something until paid.

However, I think it has to be said their car purchase prices don't immediately appear to be the absolute cheapest. I might be wrong, not used them.
 New EV SUVs announced - Runfer D'Hills
Pulled into a MSA on the M62 today. Might have been Hartshead Moor come to think. On the tops anyway. Long row of Tesla branded chargers in the car park. Not yet in use. Had plastic bags over them. Wouldn't fancy standing there scratching myself on a winter's day for very long while my car charged up.
Standing there? Eh? You're either inside the MSA eating cake or sitting in your car listening to the radio or whatever. Obviously.
 New EV SUVs announced - CGNorwich
Or doing your washing. Came across one of thes the other day at a service station. Not seen them before.

www.kiswash.co.uk/photo-me-blog/tips-for-using-the-revolution-launderette/
Would that time allowed for regular cake/radio breaks. I'd be pacing and cursing mainly. Which might put some others off their pasties.

;-)
 New EV SUVs announced - Lygonos
>> Wouldn't fancy standing there scratching myself on a winter's day for very long while my car charged up.

I'd rather count the £25* I saved in fuel in exchange for a 40 minute break while my car took on 200 miles worth of charge.

*assuming I'd otherwise be driving some diseasel 5 series job that gets 45mpg.
Last edited by: Lygonos on Mon 13 Nov 17 at 19:11
5 series?

Dear me no. They are for, well, the "others" you know. Fine cars no doubt, but not suitable for gentlemen.

;-))
 New EV SUVs announced - Hard Cheese
>> 5 series?
>>
>> Dear me no. They are for, well, the "others" you know. Fine cars no doubt,
>> but not suitable for gentlemen.
>>
>> ;-))
>>

No, they are quite suitable ... unless they are green ...
 New EV SUVs announced - Zero
>> 5 series?
>>
>> Dear me no. They are for, well, the "others" you know. Fine cars no doubt,
>> but not suitable for gentlemen.
>>
>> ;-))
>>
God no, far too sporty, they even come with two extra cylinders, the only extra cylinders you have is oxygen
 New EV SUVs announced - Bobby
I will definitely consider hybrid / PHEV for my next car.

Had a look at used Outlanders and its one of those things, everyone has their priorities with gadgets etc. First thing I look at inside is the radio to see if its big, touchscreen, modern looking thing.

The Outlander ones remind me of radios from old Datsuns. Really dislike the whole dash set up but I suppose it does show its "pick up " roots.
 New EV SUVs announced - commerdriver
>> old Datsuns.
>>
Now that conjures up a few memories of the 1970s :-)
 New EV SUVs announced - Dog
>> old Datsuns.
>>
Now that conjures up a few memories of the 1970s :-)

And rust :-(
Latest Forum Posts