Motoring Discussion > Nissan Note - Car Crash
Thread Author: zippy Replies: 21

Nissan Note - Car Crash - zippy
Mrs was T-Boned a couple of weeks back and called her insurance company (Admiral) to fix it, expecting them to claim from the 3rd party.

They put her through an accident management company.

The car is being booked in for repairs on Monday. Apparently "credit repairs" and "credit hire" for a courtesy car.

When I looked to underwrite a file for a credit hire company a few years back it was clear that you need to not have enough funds to hire the car yourself.

She could go out and buy a new one with the cash in her bank account so doesn't qualify.

I suspect the same is true for "credit repair" which is a new one on me!

Both agreements state that if the funds cannot be recouped from the 3rd party then she is liable.

We just want the car fixed in the same way that used to happen a few years back, i.e. you told your insurer, they got the motor fixed and claimed it back from the 3rd parties insurer.

Wont be using Admiral again. That's for sure.
 Nissan Note - Car Crash - No FM2R
Refuse to sign the agreement. Get on the phone to Admiral.
Been on hold to the jokers for 20 minutes and then cut off whilst being put through to the right "department"!
Perhaps ring the Claims Management company and tell them - no car, no credit, no agreements, just repair the damn car.
 Nissan Note - Car Crash - smokie
Mail to the CEO has worked for me in the past (not Admiral but a couple of other majors)

ceoemail.com/s.php?id=ceo-9225&k=5a0d8f59&c=Admiral%20Group%20PLC-Chief%20Executive
 Nissan Note - Car Crash - Clk Sec
>> Mail to the CEO

Or try their complaints procedure. Worked for me recently when a company (wrongly) insisted that I owed them around £100 for moving elsewhere.

Last edited by: Clk Sec on Thu 16 Nov 17 at 13:32
 Nissan Note - Car Crash - Hard Cheese
>> Mail to the CEO >>

I wonder if the Admiral would reply personally herself ...
>> Perhaps ring the Claims Management company and tell them - no car, no credit, no
>> agreements, just repair the damn car.
>>

Yep, done that- no signature no credit hire / repair agreement, no repair!

Shoddy in the extreme!
Very shoddy. Gits

This is on their website....

We understand that making a complaint can be stressful in itself. That's why we want you to be able to complain in any way you choose. Whichever method you choose, a member of staff fully trained in complaint handling will deal with your complaint.

Telephone
0330 333 5887

Email
claimsquality@admiralgroup.co.uk

If you would prefer to write to us:
Claims Quality Manager Admiral
Ty Admiral
David Street
Cardiff CF10 2AA
>>Telephone 0330 333 5887

"We are unable to take your call at present........"

Says it all really!
 Nissan Note - Car Crash - Manatee
The claims manager will probably be Albany, which is owned by Admiral. They are involved primarily because your wife was not at fault and their purpose is to make money for Admiral out of stinging the third party insurer.

My son had exactly the same experience. The hire car was something like £60 a day so the bill (which as you say he had legally to underwrite) was over £800 for two weeks. Albany will organise repairs for which they will receive a commission, the bill for which will go to the TP's insurer too.They were also very interested in whether my son had any injuries that they could seek compensation for. You get the picture.

My wife had a no fault accident in March. The third party admitted liability and I rang the third party's insurer Direct Line, direct on my wife's behalf so as to avoid the scenario you describe. They did everything, without us filling a form in, including accepting my choice of repairer. The hire car provided was an i20 (they offered a better one if we wanted it) that came in at £17 a day (advised to us as the cost if we kept it unnecessarily).

I agree with NoFM. Ring the third party insurer. Unless their insured has been spinning them a tale (and the facts probably speak for themselves anyway) if you offer to deal direct rather than through Albany they will probably bite your hand off because it will save them a four figure sum.

To be honest, you are almost certainly quite safe with Albany unless you take an over-specified car that the TP insurer objects to. I just object to the whole scam that puts up everybody's premium, and I don't like being asked to take on the risk that I paid the insurer for.
Last edited by: Manatee on Thu 16 Nov 17 at 14:06
>>I agree with NoFM. Ring the third party insurer. Unless their insured has been spinning
>>them a tale (and the facts probably speak for themselves anyway) if you offer to deal
>>direct rather than through Albany they will probably bite your hand off because it will save >>them a four figure sum.

Tried. They are with Lloyds. A panel of 30 insurers and I need to know which one it is!

Will call the 3rd party this PM to see if they have any details.

The claims management company is Auxillis.
Last edited by: zippy on Thu 16 Nov 17 at 14:19
 Nissan Note - Car Crash - Manatee
Sorry, Auxillis - formerly known as Albany! Possibly 'partnered with' rather than owned by Admiral.

goo.gl/YZXXat
Last edited by: Manatee on Thu 16 Nov 17 at 15:08
 Nissan Note - Car Crash - Bill Payer
Admiral are legendary for this.

I don't think there's any real financial risk to the claimant though - don't they take out insurance to cover them in the event they can't fully recover. The only threat I've heard of is they say you may have to appear in court if they sue the other party - if you refuse, then they may ask you to pay.
Well the cheque for the Mrs' excess arrived from the third party's insurer.

It was sent to Admiral who forwarded to us.

It is made payable to Mr Jayne Zippy.

Both our banks have refused to accept it in to either our joint or individual accounts!!!

GRRRRRRR!!!
Get Mr. Jayne Zippy to endorse it on the back. And then pay it in without trying to maintain that the original payee is either of you?
Unfortunately the cheque is crossed "A/C Payee only" so can't be endorsed :-(
 Nissan Note - Car Crash - Stuu
I dealt with Auxillis back in late 2016 - very efficient lot I found but clearly set up to make as much money out of the claim as was possible - why they needed my car over a week to paint a bumper and replace the reg plate is beyond me, its two days work.

That said the end result was the same as a consumer, although the person who dropped the car off was scruffy and dressed for the gym rather than customer service, so a bit of work on their customer facing presentation - when I did collection and delivery 18 years ago I at least wore a shirt and tie.
 Nissan Note - Car Crash - Bill Payer
Wonder what happens if you pay it in through one of those scanning machines?

I don't think they look at cheques unless there's a query.
 Nissan Note - Car Crash - Shiny
When in a similar situation in 2012, abeit the isurer was using Drive-Assist, there was a free insurance policy as part of the documents bundle which would if needed pay the credit charges should they not be recoverable from the third party. The only risk was if the third party could not be traced but they already had and had admitted liability. Anyway I now see they went bust a year later anyway!
New cheque received this morning and all correct. Must have been done right away!
 Nissan Note - Car Crash - R.P.
I had this problem with my first wife's employer when she died. A significant amount of money was sent in back pay owed etc. Written out to "the estate of...."...spoke to the excellent Smile bereavement team - who were able to sort it without any problem.
Latest Forum Posts