Motoring Discussion > Nissan Qashqai - Replacing a Qashqai Buying / Selling
Thread Author: FuzzyDuck Replies: 23

Nissan Qashqai - Replacing a Qashqai - FuzzyDuck
My PCP deal is up next year and although I have happy with the car and had minimal issues, I'm looking to move away from diesel and a petrol hybrid would seem to make sense. However Nissan do not seem to be in any hurry to offer such an engine option.

So as a like-for-like replacement I looked into the Toyota C-HR which ticks all the boxes except for one, the lack of any sunroof (panoramic or otherwise). The OH hates with a passion any dark interiors and the C-HR has this in spades, i.e. no sunroof and dark headlining. It seems strange that this is not being offered. When I enquired at the local Toyota dealership about anything in the future, the sales person wasn't even aware it wasn't currently available.

So I'm struggling for any realistic alternatives in my price range, up to £30K. Any ideas?
 Nissan Qashqai - Replacing a Qashqai - Boxsterboy
Is the RAV 4 hybrid any better on the interior colour/sun-roof front?
 Nissan Qashqai - Replacing a Qashqai - rtj70
Don't think the RAV4 has a sunroof option either. Maybe it's lighter coloured inside? A FWD RAV5 2.5 petrol hybrid will be about £30k list price so with discounts it will be in budget.
 Nissan Qashqai - Replacing a Qashqai - Zero
BMW 225xe sport active tourer with optional panoramic sun roof, available through drive the deal for 27k
 Nissan Qashqai - Replacing a Qashqai - R.P.
That's quite a bargain. DtD are very good.
 Nissan Qashqai - Replacing a Qashqai - commerdriver
Agree, a good car for the money
 Nissan Qashqai - Replacing a Qashqai - Lygonos
Since unattractive cars are obviously allowed (the 2 is pretty grim) if you want maximum sunroof you'll struggle to beat the one on this 200hp beast for under 19 grand...

www.new-car-discount.com/car/kia/soul-hatchback/hatchback/petrol/automatic/1.6t-gdi-sport-5dr-dct/16/

www.toddsofcampsie.com/img/new-cars/soul/gallery/2.jpg
Last edited by: Lygonos on Thu 23 Nov 17 at 17:31
but its not exactly plug in hybrid-ish like tho is it.

Nissan Qashqai - Replacing a Qashqai - tyrednemotional
.....but Z, you should know by now, he abhors electric cars.......
 Nissan Qashqai - Replacing a Qashqai - Hard Cheese
>> BMW 225xe sport active tourer with optional panoramic sun roof, available through drive the deal for 27k
>>

Popped into the BMW dealer on Wed and there was a 225xe M-Sport in the showroom.

I have not looked closely at the spec though if it's like the 330e (and Passat GTE etc) it'll have a smaller boot, it'll be heavier and will have a limited elec range. All for a much higher list price than a petrol only equivalent. Might make sense for a company driver though not sure privately.

That being said £27k is a good deal (prob near £29k with extras), though I wonder what a 225i would cost by comparison.

Incidentally Z, could you get your dog cage in a 2er Tourer? they have a high boot and reasonably wide.

>> That being said £27k is a good deal (prob near £29k with extras), though I
>> wonder what a 225i would cost by comparison.

That was 27 k with extras, there is a near 7k discount available.

>> Incidentally Z, could you get your dog cage in a 2er Tourer? they have a
>> high boot and reasonably wide.

Nope not long enough. My criteria was cage AND useable boot room, which means cage goes in lengthways, leaving half the boot free. I had chosen to use most of the boot, with a bespoke cage built, then that would have widened the choice considerably.

Nissan Qashqai - Replacing a Qashqai - Duncan
>> My PCP deal is up next year

Nice to hear from you TeeShot. Keeping well?
 Nissan Qashqai - Replacing a Qashqai - Old Navy
My next door neighbours have just replaced a BMW X5 3.0D with a Toyota C-HR Hybrid. A sign of the times?
Golf GTE can be specced with a panoramic roof for £25.6k on drivethedeal

Passat GTE £27,950
Last edited by: Lygonos on Thu 23 Nov 17 at 20:40
KIA Niro looks pretty decent for a hybrid, nicer IMO than the CH-R - higher specs have sunroofs

www.new-car-discount.com/car/kia/niro-estate/estate/petrol-electric-hybrid/automatic/1.6-gdi-hybrid-4-5dr-dct/17/
 Nissan Qashqai - Replacing a Qashqai - Bobby
What about the Lexus hybrids? Can come with sunroof
 Nissan Qashqai - Replacing a Qashqai - rtj70
And in budget of up to £30k new?
Interesting, I'd assumed Lexus would be way too expensive and hadn't even looked at them. I'll check them out. Cheers.

>> Kia Niro

Missed this one too, cheers.
Last edited by: TeeShot on Fri 24 Nov 17 at 11:24
Checking out the Kia Niro range it would seem that the Niro 4 fits the bill very nicely, even adds a few nice to have things such as Apple CarPlay.

I did an enquiry on CarWow and have had a few offers discounting the list price by around %10 (if PCP taken out), one as high as 13% off. Kia Pyecombe obviously don't want the business, their price has a big fat 0% discount for cash (2.7% for PCP).

>> Checking out the Kia Niro range it would seem that the Niro 4 fits the
>> bill very nicely, even adds a few nice to have things such as Apple CarPlay.
>>
>> I did an enquiry on CarWow and have had a few offers discounting the list
>> price by around %10 (if PCP taken out), one as high as 13% off. Kia
>> Pyecombe obviously don't want the business, their price has a big fat 0% discount for
>> cash (2.7% for PCP).

Being a full cash buyer earns you nowt in the car world these days. Take the PCP and then pay it off as and when you like for nearly no penalty.
 Nissan Qashqai - Replacing a Qashqai - Clk Sec
>> Take the PCP and then pay it off as and when you like for nearly no penalty.
>>

Much of a penalty on yours, Z?

>> Much of a penalty on yours, Z?

None, I can overpay monthly or pay off at anytime with no penalty. If I let it go full term, full interest is still less than discount offered for taking the PCP.
Last edited by: VxFan on Sat 25 Nov 17 at 21:40
 Nissan Qashqai - Replacing a Qashqai - Clk Sec
>> >> Much of a penalty on yours, Z?
>>
>> None,

Thanks!
Latest Forum Posts