Motoring Discussion > Honda CR-V III - Honda Assistance Excellent Service Tax / Insurance / Warranties
Thread Author: Robbie34 Replies: 6

Honda CR-V III - Honda Assistance Excellent Service - Robbie34
When I started my CR-V this morning I got a warning on the dashboard display- PGM F1. On checking the handbook it states that it is a fault in the engine control system and the car should not be driven. 'Phoned Honda Assistance - the car is still under warranty - and told them the problem.

Forty-five minutes later the AA arrived. The technician got out his laptop and some form of meter that he plugged into the car. Within ten minutes the fault had been diagnosed and fixed. It showed an open circuit on one of the glow plugs. The technician said that he'd re-set everything and it seemed fine. He said the car could be driven to the dealer if it happened again and he told me the fault code to give to them.

I was greatly impressed with the speed and knowledge of the technician.
 Honda CR-V III - Honda Assistance Excellent Service - Boxsterboy
But i thought Japanese cars never went wrong? :-)
First time in five years.
 Honda CR-V III - Honda Assistance Excellent Service - Dog
>>But i thought Japanese cars never went wrong? :-)

Diseasel :(
 Honda CR-V III - Honda Assistance Excellent Service - Simon
Excellent service or fobbed off???

If it was my car and under warranty I would have got it into the dealer, where they would have almost certainly replaced the faulty glow plug. What you got was a roadside technician who's job is to try to 'get people going' and avoid having to get a costly recovery truck out. He achieved this by clearing the fault code, he didn't fix anything. I have little doubt that sooner or later the fault will reoccur, you'd better hope that it is still within warranty when it does.
 Honda CR-V III - Honda Assistance Excellent Service - movilogo
What went wrong section for Honda CR-V is quite long in HJ site.

If it is 1st time in 5-years how come car is still under warranty? Or is it standard 1-yr warranty offered by dealer if bought used?
Last edited by: movilogo on Wed 6 Dec 17 at 13:54
Honda offer an extended warranty for three years. It also comes with Honda Assistance by the AA.
I bought my car new in December 2012 and I extended the warranty which lasts until December 2018. However, I shall change it for the new hybrid CR-V which will be available in 2018.

Last edited by: Robbie34 on Wed 6 Dec 17 at 15:35
Latest Forum Posts