Motoring Discussion > Life along the A1 Miscellaneous
Thread Author: Zero Replies: 8

Life along the A1 - Zero

Some familiar sites to many of us I'm sure

www.bbc.co.uk/news/in-pictures-42151512
 Life along the A1 - Hard Cheese
Saw that, kind of strange - "Dench admits, "I don't like driving cars; I don't like the smell of cars, the sound of cars, the process of refuelling cars or even talking about cars, but I do like taking journeys." "

Wasn't that impressed with the photos TBH.
 Life along the A1 - CGNorwich
Pretty close to my view of cars actually. I like them fo the ability to go places. I like the journey. I like driving. Within reason not really fussed about what car it is. And I share his dislike of refuelling;.
 Life along the A1 - sooty123
>> Saw that, kind of strange - "Dench admits, "I don't like driving cars; I don't
>> like the smell of cars, the sound of cars, the process of refuelling cars or
>> even talking about cars, but I do like taking journeys." "
>>
>> Wasn't that impressed with the photos TBH.
>>

Likewise, it wasn't one of the better articles. The one about the missing aircraft team in the US I thought was quite interesting. Although I like obscure things like that and the fact the BBC cover them.
 Life along the A1 - Hard Cheese
I agree, the Steve Fossett disappearance is interesting ...
 Life along the A1 - Dog
Blimey! .. Archway Hill (I think it is) brings back mammaries of the 1970's when I used to be a delivery driver.

I broke down there once and had to be towed back to the republic of Brixton via a fixed towing pole (rather than a rope/cable) I was told NOT to use my brakes.

I did .. for the whole journey and boy were the brake drums HOT when we arrived at the garage :o)

Bermondsey Street brings back far too many memories.
 Life along the A1 - Pat
I can recommend Bab's £5 breakfast, it sets you up for the day and she's made me many a ham or tuna salad on a takeaway plate with doorsteps of crusty bread to pop in the lorry cab fridge and eat for dinner that night in a lay by somewhere!

Pat
 Life along the A1 - Dave_
Aah, the A1. Like the M1, but with more roundabouts and sex shops.
 Life along the A1 - Roger.
Oh, God (or whatever)- I remember driving down the A1 (on a motor bike) BEFORE there was an M1.
I also remember driving down the original short bit of the M1, which, from the North, started somewhere south of Leicester.
Latest Forum Posts