Motoring Discussion > Mechanical steering wheel locks making a comeback Miscellaneous
Thread Author: VxFan Replies: 4

Mechanical steering wheel locks making a comeback - VxFan

Following on from Old Navy's recent POST of a new type of vehicle robbery:-

Sales of steering locks have doubled as drivers go back to basics to stay one step ahead of technologically savvy car thieves.

Disklock said sales of its steering locks have doubled over the past year

www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5164683/Sales-steering-locks-DOUBLE.html

Last edited by: VxFan on Wed 13 Dec 17 at 08:40
 Mechanical steering wheel locks making a comeback - Crankcase
You mean this year they've sold two?
 Mechanical steering wheel locks making a comeback - Avant
They're a good visible deterrent, although I imagine the lock is easy to pick if you have those skills. With luck the potential thief will move on to the next car that hasn't got one.

BUT you need to make sure they fit your car. I have two bar-type Stoplocks in my garage, neither of which fits any of our current cars. Either the steering wheel rim is too thick, or the central boss sticks out too far from the wheel.
 Mechanical steering wheel locks making a comeback - VxFan
>> I have two bar-type Stoplocks in my garage,

Me too, as well as those devices that fitted between the handbrake and gearstick, that were easily overcome by just bending the gearstick to slide it off the handbrake.

Anyone want an original Krooklok? I'm sure I've probably got at least one of those kicking about as well.

I really must sort out the junk in the garage one day.
Last edited by: VxFan on Wed 13 Dec 17 at 12:42
 Mechanical steering wheel locks making a comeback - Mapmaker
Chum of mine worked for a locksmith whilst at University. Said locksmith did repossessions of cars. Chum reckoned that a disclock/etc. would delay him by no more than a few seconds. That was twenty years ago; they might have improved since then...
Latest Forum Posts