Motoring Discussion > Hosepipes are go - Contenders....ready ! Miscellaneous
Thread Author: Runfer D'Hills Replies: 18

Hosepipes are go - Contenders....ready ! - Runfer D'Hills
Well, life has returned to normal in Sleepytown Nowheresville. The hosepipe ban has been lifted. Eveyone ( including me ) has been celebrating the return to cultural equilibrium by washing their cars today. The excitement has been palpable.

Of course it's hissing down now.......

:-)
 Hosepipes are go - Contenders....ready ! - Tooslow
yup, mine was washed yesterday. Nice 'n shiny. Temporarily. Someone keeps putting mud on our lane. Tractors! :-)

JH
 Hosepipes are go - Contenders....ready ! - Iffy
...in Sleepytown Nowheresville....

Get y'sen back to Edinburgh, y'know you want to.

Hosepipes are go - Contenders....ready ! - Tooslow
I say old bean, I'm from Yorkshire. I think you intended to reply to MacHumph. :-)

JH
 Hosepipes are go - Contenders....ready ! - Iffy
Tooslow,

Yes - that's why I copied 'sleepytown nowheresville' at the top of the post.

Replies don't always appear where intended.
Last edited by: ifithelps on Sat 21 Aug 10 at 19:16
Too true I'd go back in a heartbeat ! Trouble is I'm outvoted at the moment..........

:-(
 Hosepipes are go - Contenders....ready ! - Old Navy
>> Too true I'd go back in a heartbeat ! Trouble is I'm outvoted at the
>> moment..........
>>
>> :-(
>>

It was pleasant this evening, just a quick shower to freshen the place up, A big cruise liner moored just below the bridges, a cruise ship at rosyth, and two more at Leith. Its a popular place. :-)
 Hosepipes are go - Contenders....ready ! - Zero
>> big cruise liner moored just below the bridges, a cruise ship at rosyth, and two
>> more at Leith. Its a popular place. :-)

Must be a *really* big storm in the North Sea then

>> Must be a *really* big storm in the North Sea then
>>
>>
>>
You have a direction failure, the storm is, or was, on the north west coast. Millpond weather this side. :-)
I have to say, the approach into Edinburgh Airport is one of my Favs, up the Firth of Forth, over the Forth bridge.

So nice in fact it could be in England.
>> So nice in fact it could be in England.
>>
Thats why there is a lot of us English up here, It is certainly better than the manic south.
 Hosepipes are go - Contenders....ready ! - legacylad
'the manic south'...that'll be Barnsley way then.
>> I have to say, the approach into Edinburgh Airport is one of my Favs, up the Firth of Forth, over the Forth bridge.

Oh God. Stop it ! All I've got to look at from here is the flippin' canal and some speed humps which pass for hills........

Still, my wife likes it I suppose.......

:-(
 Hosepipes are go - Contenders....ready ! - BobbyG
Visited the Museum of Flight at East Fortune down past Edinburgh today. Very interesting, I am not really a "plane" person but lots of good stuff there, of course the Concorde adds to the attraction!

Been a while since I have been down the Edinburgh bypass, nearly forgot about those pesky speed cameras.......
 Hosepipes are go - Contenders....ready ! - BobbyG
Oh and there is no hosepipe ban in Scotland....
 Hosepipes are go - Contenders....ready ! - Ted

One of my best mates lives not far from the airport.
Drive down Newliston Road and you might just see a red Jowett Jupiter and a red Javelin knocking about.

I used my hosepipe today, nothing more interesting that filling the caravan bog cistern.....we know how to live !

Ted
Why would a perpetually rain soaked country need a hosepipe ban?
To be honest the main objection from others in the household to a return north of the border is indeed the weather ! I suppose I grew up with it but I can understand that it could be a valid point. Cheshire weather isn't exactly on a par with the Riviera but compared to Scotland it is positively balmy !

You do learn how to dress for it when you live in less predictable climates but when I compare notes with Scottish friends about how many times they get to eat outside etc it really brings it home to you how very different the temperatures and rainfall can be depending upon where you happen to be on this little island.
Last edited by: Humph D'bout on Sun 22 Aug 10 at 10:29
 Hosepipes are go - Contenders....ready ! - -
>> Why would a perpetually rain soaked country need a hosepipe ban?
>>

Because the country particularly in urbanised areas has to water far more people than is natural, it will get worse.

In the panic to sell the national silver by the blue team (when they finally realised we were going broke) it was the crime of the century to put something as basic as water into private profiteeers hands, among other things.
The very air we breath will be next, though taxing it by the back door has already started.
Latest Forum Posts