Motoring Discussion > Oh, The Shame Miscellaneous
Thread Author: Robin O'Reliant Replies: 4

Oh, The Shame - Robin O'Reliant
Backing onto the drive tonight in the pouring rain I couldn't see much out of the nearside window. So, being a clever chap I lowered the window in order to see the gatepost.

So far so good.

Cast a wary eye at Mrs O'Reliant's motor already sitting there as life would not be worth living if I scratched it.

Everything still going well.

Unfortunately I cast rather too long a glance at Mrs O'Reliant's motor and felt the wing mirror spring out and then back as it nudged the gate post. It happens, that's why mirrors are made to spring out and then back.

No problem there.

Unfortunately on getting out and going round to check I found I'd also nudged the side indicator repeater on the same post, and (Now this may surprise some) the lens on these things do not spring out and then back. Heaven knows why.

Eighteen bleedin' cigarette vouchers was the cheapest I could find for a new one - EIGHTEEN BLEEDIN' QUID FOR A TWO INCH BIT OF PLASTIC - but a search on ebay turned up a complete used light fitting for £7.95 posted.

Bad, but not too bad.

Minor scuff on the wing, but not down to the metal and it very nearly polished out completely, or completely enough for a sixteen year old banger anyway.

Yesterday I hoovered Mrs O'Reliants Liana and admonished her for the state of the inside, "Have you no pride, how can you sit among that junk" etc etc. Needless to say she has been rather cruelly "Tart" with me all evening, "Have you no pride, can't you even reverse onto the drive without tearing half the nearside of your car off" etc.

They don't half go on :-(
 Oh, The Shame - zippy
>>They don't half go on...

Yep, yesterday mine moaned at me for something I did nearly 30 years ago!

I remember the incident well, I only said "I do!"
Last edited by: zippy on Thu 8 Feb 18 at 20:51
 Oh, The Shame - Zero
Mine does not and never will have a leg to stand on after she punched the reversing sensor through the bumper. "I ignored the bleeps, they get on my nerves "
 Oh, The Shame - No FM2R
Since when was a leg to stand on a necessary first step? Certainly not round here.
 Oh, The Shame - bathtub tom
I'll admit to having a couple of lines through the paintwork on my garage door frames.

Fortunately, SWMBO hasn't mentioned them, although she won't get the car in or out of the garage.
Latest Forum Posts