Motoring Discussion > Hyundai i10 - 3 into 10 doesn’t go Miscellaneous
Thread Author: legacylad Replies: 9

Hyundai i10 - 3 into 10 doesn’t go - legacylad
Supposedly picking up an i10 at Alicante tomorrow for several weeks, which is ok for transporting 4 of us around without luggage.
Only 2 of us flying out, but we take it in turns to drive up into the mountains with 2 friends already out there.
Worried phone call from a friend this AM staying near Alicante as the accommodation he booked hadn’t materialised....long story but his accommodation not available until 17/02 so can he stay with us further up the coast? So we’re picking him up at his existing apartment tomorrow which he has to vacate, 3 adults, 3 XL cases ( he’s there for 3 months, ourselves 6 weeks), lots of handbaggage etc.
Should be a very tight squeeze!
What’s the betting that this time we dont get a free upgrade to a Zafira like we did in November?
 Hyundai i10 - 3 into 10 doesn’t go - Zero
Upgrade? No chance it's half term

At Tenerife south now waiting to fly home on BA watching all the families with kids arriving
 Hyundai i10 - 3 into 10 doesn’t go - PeterS
I flew into Alicante a couple of weeks ago for a couple of days, and Avis gave me a Skoda Octavia rather than the VW Polo sized car booked. Given it’s a busy period I’d imagine your more likely to get an upgrade? Don’t most people book the smaller cars, so that where they’ll be overbooked? In my case being in the Avis loyalty programme undoubtedly helped, but I’m sure I’d have been upgraded anyway. Their car park did t have any small cars in it that I could see!

In fact, I can’t remember the last time I got what I booked at either Murcia or Alicante. Gold Car (be careful...) have provided a MNI Clubman, a Renault Captur and a Nissan Qashqai when a Polo was booked. Avis the Octavia, an A3, a Q3 and a Peugeot 308.
Last edited by: PeterS on Sat 10 Feb 18 at 18:53
Good thinking PeterS. I didn’t know it was half term, so arriving on a Sunday the rental desks may well be quieter. Fingers crossed we get something larger, but having read reports on the i10 it seems a cracking little car and think I would really enjoy driving it.
Twice last year I used Autoclick from Alicante, but this time they were horrendously expensive, both direct with their 30%off offers, and through a broker ( DoYouSpain) so it’s Thrifty again.
Hope it’s not a new Zafira ( free upgrade) again...decent motoring reviews but I didn’t enjoy my 10 days driving it

Zeddo... hope you enjoyed fine weather in Tenerife. Plenty of snow when we flew over Teide last Saturday.
Poor short term forecast for the Costa Blanca.
 Hyundai i10 - 3 into 10 doesn’t go - helicopter
Rented the i10 in Crete last September at the seasons end .It is a cracking little motor but I think three people and all the baggage you mention might be a tad too much.

Rented from a local iwho has a small hotel and a few cars in the village where we stay the Hyundai was virtually new and certainly cheap as chips at 25 euros per day all in. It made a change from the usual clapped out battered hired motors we have had in the past .

Already booked again for our next trip in June at the same rate.

Returned the car to his daughter who had been topless sunbathing by the pool and did the post hire inspection in her very skimpy bikini.
😊
Last edited by: helicopter on Sat 10 Feb 18 at 23:40
 Hyundai i10 - 3 into 10 doesn’t go - Ted

We did a small Greek island some years ago and were given a Seat Marbella ( Panda ) for 4 adults and luggage. OK on arrival as the rep showed us to the house in his pickup truck. On leaving, he never turned up so we had to drive to the harbour with the sunroof open and the cases being held onto the rest of the roof from inside. Good job it wasn't a motorway run !
 Hyundai i10 - 3 into 10 doesn’t go - Ambo
I hope the third person is not himself XL as the rear seats are very close to the front, unless the front passengers are pushed right up against the windscreen. There are allegedly three seat in the back but the centre one is more in the nature of a narrow padded plank, albeit with its own seatbelt
Got a 5 door Fiesta. 1.25 petrol. Room for 3 adults and their cases. Nice little car...far nicer to drive than last years Fiat 500L. Very happy.
No queues at Alicante Thrifty rental..
 Hyundai i10 - 3 into 10 doesn’t go - PeterS
That’s good news -a fiesta must be several classes above an i10 in hired car pricing. And their nice cars to drive!
 Hyundai i10 - 3 into 10 doesn’t go - Harleyman
>> Got a 5 door Fiesta. 1.25 petrol. Room for 3 adults and their cases. Nice
>> little car...far nicer to drive than last years Fiat 500L. Very happy.
>> No queues at Alicante Thrifty rental..
>>

Thinking back to a previous thread about models getting bigger with age.... you would have struggled to do that with the original Fiesta, though the boot on that was a fair bit bigger than an i10.
Latest Forum Posts