www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-43786771
Last edited by: VxFan on Tue 17 Apr 18 at 01:54
 Ant fined £80k - Duncan
>> and banned for 20 months.
>>
>> www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-43786771
>>

Quote:-
In a statement read to the court, the driver of the other Mini said: "Myself and my family were in deep shock.

What about my shock at the abuse of the English language?
 Ant fined £80k - smokie
A bit under 2/3rds of a week's wages apparently. Even though it's a lot of money, I wonder if that's enough, compared to others?
 Ant fined £80k - sooty123
>> A bit under 2/3rds of a week's wages apparently. Even though it's a lot of
>> money, I wonder if that's enough, compared to others?
>>

What's the guidelines for DD?
 Ant fined £80k - smokie
On the BBC TV news it just implied that 2/3rds is in line with new guidelines.
 Ant fined £80k - DP
>> A bit under 2/3rds of a week's wages apparently. Even though it's a lot of
>> money, I wonder if that's enough, compared to others?

Someone in my team was recently fined 150% of their weekly wage for speeding. That's before tax, and with outgoings taken into consideration.

It's incredible, although perhaps not surprising, that someone who earns in a week what it would take this individual several years to own gets treated more harshly.
 Ant fined £80k - sooty123
What about my shock at the abuse of the English language?
>>

I'm sure you'll recover.
 Ant fined £80k - Pat
I don't think English is his first language, in which case, he's done very well.

Pat
 Ant fined £80k - rtj70
And there was a car rear-ending another when the BBC was filming outside.

www.bbc.co.uk/news/av/uk-43790415/car-collision-outside-ant-mcpartlin-sentencing
 Ant fined £80k - R.P.
And they all drive off happily.
 Ant fined £80k - No FM2R
The bit I don't quite grasp is why he has to stop working for a while. Nobody else would, so why should he?

Seems a shame, overall everything I've heard has always been positive. And I know it's not fashionable to say so, but I quite like Ant & Dec.
Last edited by: No FM2R on Mon 16 Apr 18 at 19:59
 Ant fined £80k - Robin O'Reliant
>>
>>
>> Seems a shame, overall everything I've heard has always been positive. And I know it's
>> not fashionable to say so, but I quite like Ant & Dec.
>>

I was neutral about them up to a few years ago. Steve Wright played Led Zep's Immigrant Song one afternoon which had me going full tilt on the steering wheel bongos, when half way through he stopped the record and switched to a phone interview with the pair. I've never forgiven him or them over that, I'd not been so traumatised since wife Mk 1 found my payslip.
 Ant fined £80k - R.P.
Hahahahaha...brilliant RoR
 Ant fined £80k - rtj70
Ant was twice the drink drive limit (granted he also had an accident) and is fined £86k.

Wayne Rooney was 3 times over the limit (no accident though) and was fined £170. He earns a little more than little Ant.

Go figure. Maybe Ant needed Wayne's barrister? Maybe it sets an example but to young impressionable youngsters, perhaps Wayne deserved a worse punishment...
Last edited by: rtj70 on Mon 16 Apr 18 at 20:56
 Ant fined £80k - Bromptonaut
>> Wayne Rooney was 3 times over the limit (no accident though) and was fined £170.

Rooney wasn't fined anything. He was ordered to do 120 hours community service.

www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2017/sep/18/wayne-rooney-pleads-guilty-to-drink-driving

Last edited by: Bromptonaut on Mon 16 Apr 18 at 21:05
 Ant fined £80k - BiggerBadderDave
I haven't seen them on the telly for about a decade so I've do idea what they're up to.

But it's difficult not to notice Ant. That's the biggest forehead I've ever seen.
 Ant fined £80k - helicopter
Never seen Frank Skinner then Dave?
 Ant fined £80k - Haywain
"I haven't seen them on the telly for about a decade so I've do idea what they're up to."

Can't say that I've watched a programme with Antandec in it, but I was horrified to learn that he was on £130k per week. Was that fake news?
 Ant fined £80k - R.P.
My wife watches Celebrity Jungle now and again. They don't appeal to me. Each to his own.
 Ant fined £80k - CGNorwich
but I was horrified
>> to learn that he was on £130k per week. Was that fake news?
>>

Why were you horrified? Not that much in the scheme of things for a top TV presenter. Its the sort of job everone reckons they can do but very few can in practice.
Last edited by: CGNorwich on Mon 16 Apr 18 at 22:35
 Ant fined £80k - Haywain
"Why were you horrified?"

Because that's even more than some doctors - most of whom, at least, perform a useful function. I suppose that professionally-presented rubbish is why I don't watch much telly these days.
 Ant fined £80k - CGNorwich
Yes but we don’t have an economic system based on usefulness in the sense you are using the word do we

It’s all down to supply and demand. There are very few TV presenters guaranteed to pull in a huge audience which ITV need to sell advertising space. And and Dec are therefore able to command a high price for their work. Doctors, whilst necessary are not particularly scarce and easily available at the going rate. Any shortage in th NHS is due to the fact that they are not always prepared to pay the market rate.
 Ant fined £80k - Zero
>> "Why were you horrified?"
>>
>> Because that's even more than some doctors - most of whom, at least, perform a
>> useful function.

If you extrapolate that out to its natural conclusion, pensioners who are by the most part a useless function, would be paid nothing.

Clearly the economic food chain is not that simple.
 Ant fined £80k - rtj70
>> If you extrapolate that out to its natural conclusion, pensioners who are by the most part a
>> useless function, would be paid nothing.

As someone at school once said to me... pensioners should be drowned at birth. Not that I agree.
 Ant fined £80k - Dutchie
Ant and Deck have never been my cup of tea.

I am more of a Spike Milligan and Tommy Cooper fan sadly deceased a long time ago.

The majority of pensioners look after grandchildren when the parents go to work.Pensioners do nothing? Not me.

Ant fined £80k - No FM2R
Tommy Cooper I enjoyed, though just once in a while. It wasn't a very varied act.

I never found Spike Milligan even slightly funny. Or The Goons.
 Ant fined £80k - smokie
I wasn't particularly a Spike fan either but took an opportunity to see him live at a Uni back in the 70s (or 80s). He was very funny live.

I found some Tommy Cooper online recently and watched a few programmes over some days. Enjoying it more now than back then.
 Ant fined £80k - Robin O'Reliant
>>
>>
>> I never found Spike Milligan even slightly funny. Or The Goons.
>>
I don't think I ever raised a smile listening to Spike Milligan, I found his humour boring and irritating.
 Ant fined £86k - TheManWithNoName
Does any of the fine go towards reimbursing the emergency services who attended?
Fines should be based upon that at the very least. I bet £86k doesn't even cover it.
 Ant fined £86k - Robin O'Reliant
>> Does any of the fine go towards reimbursing the emergency services who attended?
>> Fines should be based upon that at the very least. I bet £86k doesn't even
>> cover it.
>>
I bet it does, many times over.
 Ant fined £86k - MD
>> Does any of the fine go towards reimbursing the emergency services who attended?
>> Fines should be based upon that at the very least. I bet £86k doesn't even
>> cover it.
>>
No wonder you have no name. Are you an accountant?
 Ant fined £86k - Roger.
Ant and Dec- sounds like a couple of insects.
Watched 'em once for a while. God-awful pair who got lucky and rich. Never could work out their popularity.
L.C.D. TV at its worst.
I'd rather watch repeats of "Homes Under The Hammer". :-0
Latest Forum Posts