Motoring Discussion > Land Rover redundancies Miscellaneous
Thread Author: Bobby Replies: 5

Land Rover redundancies - Bobby
Surprised this wasn't mentioned here last week
www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-43756202

was always going to be a struggle for LR as soon as the anti-diesel brigade started. I was surprised how many sales (90%) were diesel in the UK. Folks that buy cars like these aren't necessarily the ones who would be worried about any costs, taxes, mpg etc.

Unless the petrol engines were known for being crap?

Personally, if I could afford a Land Rover, I would be affording the 5 litre petrol V8 that it comes in!
 Land Rover redundancies - MD
If you are over 5’11” tall and weigh more than 10 stone dripping wet then trying to pilot a LR Defender in any degree of comfort is impossible. Just saying.....
 Land Rover redundancies - Manatee
A pal of mine is about 6'5" and probably 18 stone, he swears by them. At least his is coil sprung.

My series 3 (not strictly a Defender) however was by far the least comfortable long distance vehicle I have ever owned, including a Lambretta scooter.

I wish I still had it (the Land Rover). The prices have gone bonkers.
 Land Rover redundancies - Runfer D'Hills
One of my most fondly remembered cars is the 1985 Land Rover 90 County I had. Loved it, but it's 3.5 litre petrol V8 didn't half like a drink.
 Land Rover redundancies - Manatee
I don't think the 2.4 petrol did much over 20!
 Land Rover redundancies - Runfer D'Hills
Mine did 15mpg on a long run, much less if you were just dotting about, ( or giving it laldy )
Latest Forum Posts