Motoring Discussion > Worth a read - or watch the program? Miscellaneous
Thread Author: sherlock47 Replies: 10

Worth a read - or watch the program? - sherlock47
Good to see the outcome, I will not give it away but well worth reading the article.

www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-43716912
 Worth a read - or watch the program? - R.P.
Watched it on iPlayer last night. Worth 30 minutes.
 Worth a read - or watch the program? - Fullchat
Does this to some extent exonerate/justify the treating of a serious/fatal RTC as a crime scene with the disruption that goes with it?
 Worth a read - or watch the program? - Bobby
I remember there being a similar type situation recently that turned out to be a motorcyclist being shot dead whilst riding along the motorway after a bust up in a service station I think?
 Worth a read - or watch the program? - Robin O'Reliant
>> I remember there being a similar type situation recently that turned out to be a
>> motorcyclist being shot dead whilst riding along the motorway after a bust up in a
>> service station I think?
>>
A member of the Hell's Angels, shot by members of the Outlaws, a rival gang with whom they have a long running feud. It was CCTV footage of the Outlaws filling their car at a service station just before the event which identified and helped convict them.
 Worth a read - or watch the program? - Pat
Wasn't that on the M40?

Pat
 Worth a read - or watch the program? - BiggerBadderDave
That was a fascinating read. Maximum respect to Chief Constable Bob "Columbo" Witherall.

Just one more thing...
 Worth a read - or watch the program? - Zero
>> Does this to some extent exonerate/justify the treating of a serious/fatal RTC as a crime
>> scene with the disruption that goes with it?

Actually no, not really, the case was made with perp interviews, CCTV, witness statements, and examination of both bike and vehicle after and away from the scene

Little of the case was developed at the crash site.
Last edited by: Zero on Wed 25 Apr 18 at 19:26
 Worth a read - or watch the program? - Manatee
Maybe yes if that's when they found the footpeg.
 Worth a read - or watch the program? - MD
I've perused this tonight. Hats off to Bob Witherall for his persistence. Proper Copper.
 Worth a read - or watch the program? - Bobby
Is this only shown on BBC Wales?
I know I can get on iplayer but wondering if shown on TV up here in Scots land
Latest Forum Posts