Motoring Discussion > Porsche - That old chestnut Tax / Insurance / Warranties
Thread Author: legacylad Replies: 3

Porsche - That old chestnut - legacylad
Yep. Insurance.
Renewal today in post as expiry is early June.
2017 Macan GTS, only driver, mileage limited to 6K, garaged at home, factory fitted Porsche’s own tracking system, total excess £250. Yes I’m getting on a bit (62) and my rural postcode works in my favour, but I consider £344 Fully Comp quite reasonable.
I’ll probably run it through some comparison sites nearer the time, but seems most reasonable to me.
 Porsche - That old chestnut - Bobby
Very!!!
 Porsche - That old chestnut - Manatee
Presumably that includes your NCD.

It's exactly what I pay for the MX-5, but I have no NCD for that - its predecessor was on a classic car policy for £90 a year, but unknown to me such policies do not accrue NCD.

Having to have separate NCD for each car seems perverse to me - I can only drive one at a time.
 Porsche - That old chestnut - No FM2R
Essentially the insurance companies have only retained "NCD" so that if you do have an accident then they can put up your premiums and you won't bitch about it [as much].

The truth is what they care about is "years claim free driving", however that was achieved.

If there is only one driver on multiple cars, then you should expect the other vehicles to be given a sizeable discount - sometimes called an introductory discount.

As an aside don't forget that the fire & theft risk remains, even if you are not driving them. Arguably higher, in fact.

However, insuring an additional vehicle for a restricted driver list is one of the main reasons to stop around. What is important is the net premium, not the discount.
Latest Forum Posts