Motoring Discussion > Breakdown cover Miscellaneous
Thread Author: bathtub tom Replies: 5

Breakdown cover - bathtub tom
My Autoaid cover's up for renewal and I found I could get it for £48 for fifteen months cover through Money Saving Expert. However I also came across: www.comparebreakdowncover.co.uk/
The ARL silver cover for £25 looks tasty. Anyone any experience?
 Breakdown cover - CGNorwich

You will find out how good they are on the hard shoulder at 10 p.m on a wet night in November.

Pay a few pound more and go with the RAC or A A who have a decent network and trained crew.

Breakdown cover - Cliff Pope
>>
>>
the RAC or A A who have
>> a decent network and trained crew.
>>

Do they always send their own people, even if someone else is nearer?

My wife once called our own Autospeed Recovery and within a few minutes the AA turned up, and fixed the clutch linkage ingeniously.
They all appear to be in a network and pass on each others' calls, depending on time away and convenience. Once when I needed recovery over 200 miles the operator said they'd no-one available in less than an hour, but she'd try and find someone sooner. A different agent turned up in half an hour.
 Breakdown cover - sherlock47
>>
>>
the RAC or A A who have
>> a decent network and trained crew.
>>

Not always.

the only time I have used the RAC in anger in the last 15 years they sent a a couple of real cowboys.

I documented it at the time on HJ (cannot find it!), but on complaining they at least wiped it out as a call out claim.
 Breakdown cover - sooty123
I've never used them but my brother's been with them for years. Used them twice, no problems either time.
 Breakdown cover - rtj70
When we had insurance with DirectLine for my wife's car we needed to call on the breakdown cover to get the car to a local garage - wouldn't start.

I think it was Green Flag so a local breakdown truck sent.... towed along behind the van and because it was near he just had it on the solid bar, number plate on our car still visible.... He was doing well over 30mph with me in the towed car when we went past to speed camera. Lucky it didn't trigger. I was not amused.
Latest Forum Posts