Motoring Discussion > Jaguar - First Tesla rival Miscellaneous
Thread Author: Lygonos Replies: 4

Jaguar - First Tesla rival - Lygonos
Jag's iPace is available to order and expected to start delivery soon

60 grand starting price

www.youtube.com/watch?v=4L61--SE04A

Jaguar - First Tesla rival - rtj70
Tesla has problems but they should always been IPR only IMO. They don't know how to make cars efficiently and for a profit.
 Jaguar - First Tesla rival - Lygonos
Without Tesla making cars I think it's fair to say the 'premium' end of the EV market would be non-existent.

And there's only so much IPR value in technology that's pretty ubiquitous already.
 Jaguar - First Tesla rival - DP
As soon as the proper car manufacturers take premium EVs seriously, Tesla is toast. Tesla showrooms look good with very slick products and knowledgeable staff, but the uncomfortable truth is that Tesla is not a proper car manufacturer. I went into a showroom a few months ago asking about the Model 3. Still no final price, spec or delivery date more than 2 years after the car was unveiled, and if you need parts for any of the others following an accident or a break in, you'll wait weeks, if not months.

What they have done, unquestionably in my view, is position the electric car as a credible, useable and most importantly, desirable ownership proposition. Before Tesla, electric cars were slow, short ranged miserable things that only a die-hard eco warrior would contemplate. Now, you'd have to be a die-hard fossil fuel devotee to not feel a little bit excited about the future.
 Jaguar - First Tesla rival - Zero
>> Without Tesla making cars I think it's fair to say the 'premium' end of the
>> EV market would be non-existent.
>>
>> And there's only so much IPR value in technology that's pretty ubiquitous already.

Tesla have have been ambitious and daring, they have shown the way in packaging, they have created the premium EV market and they have kick started the charging infrastructure.

As noted on here, as soon as manufacturers who know how to volume produce cars at profit muscle in, Tesla is dead. They have not the faintest idea about it and thats starkly been laid bare.
Latest Forum Posts