Motoring Discussion > MG - MG3s abound
Thread Author: Lygonos Replies: 12

MG - MG3s abound - Lygonos
Well perhaps not but I've noticed a lot more MG3s in Lothian/Borders in the last couple of months.

They all appear to have immaculate bodywork - I wonder if the chaps in the Midlands have been putting a lot of energy into getting them polished to perfection.

Looks like a decent 10 grand town buggy - handling is apparently very good.
 MG - MG3s abound - Lygonos
On further perusal of the MG website it seems they are doing a 5yr 0% no deposit offer on everything other than the base model.

Must be attractive to the yoof market.
 MG - MG3s abound - Runfer D'Hills
There used to be a lot of Ladas bought outside the Edinburgh city bypass too, those and Buckfast. They'll buy anything out there if it's cheap and does the job. ;-)
 MG - MG3s abound - Old Navy
There was an MG3 on display in the Howgate shopping centre in Falkirk yesterday, probably the best place for it.
Last edited by: Old Navy on Thu 14 Jun 18 at 19:05
 MG - MG3s abound - sooty123
From what small sample size of owners I've seen on other forums, they seem happy with them. Not the best in the world but v good vfm.
 MG - MG3s abound - Zero
its ok if you have an MG dealer nearby. Few people have.
 MG - MG3s abound - smokie
Why, do you expect to spend a lot of time at the dealer after purchase? :-)
 MG - MG3s abound - R.P.
Oddly, noticed an MG GS SUV parked amongst the German and Japanese "premium" cars in an eatery on Anglesey today. Looked smart, and importantly, different enough.
 MG - MG3s abound - Bromptonaut
One in front of us today on the Glenelg to Khylrea (Skye) ferry.
 MG - MG3s abound - Bobby
brompt is it still the old ferry that needs to go upstream a bit to catch the tide for the other side?
 MG - MG3s abound - Bromptonaut
Yeah. Obvious heavy tidal flow through narrows when we crossed this morning and U shaped course as you describe. This is a turntable ferry where whole car deck (max load 6 cars) turns 180 degrees after loading. Probably only one of type left though I remember similar as kid on the (then) Kylesku Ferry in Sutherland c1967.
 MG - MG3s abound - Bobby
we did it a few years ago after the bridge had opened - the kids were gobsmacked!
Then at the Skye end I was following a hire car driven by a foreigner who thought that he always had to use the passing place, no matter which side of the road it was on!! a few near misses when he crossed the road and went into passing place on right hand side as other vehicles approached!

how are the midges??
 MG - MG3s abound - Old Navy
>> brompt is it still the old ferry that needs to go upstream a bit to
>> catch the tide for the other side?
>>

The marine version of an aircraft appearing to fly sideways when landing in a crosswind.
Latest Forum Posts