Motoring Discussion > Suzuki - Using an Autoroute tag with a motorcycle Miscellaneous
Thread Author: hawkeye Replies: 5

Suzuki - Using an Autoroute tag with a motorcycle - hawkeye
I've tried a search but not found anything.

Mrs H and I are planning a motorcycle trip to see her family in France. Before we start riding for the fun of it, we will be using Autoroutes to meet a schedule. I have an ATMB tag which has worked well on previous visits. Has anyone else used a tag to get across France on a motorcycle? How does it know the difference between a car and a motorcycle? Or, will I have to practice my French to get the bill adjusted when it arrives? Other comments welcome (unless they are about tea strainers).
 Suzuki - Using an Autoroute tag with a motorcycle - Bromptonaut
Relevant answer in FAQ on Saneftolling UK website. You have to use a manual lane and hand the tag to the attendant.

www.saneftolling.co.uk/faq/#tag-use-faq-section

Quite a lot of tolls now are unmanned. They're normally fine but one got itself in a muddle and couldn't ascertain the size of our outfit - car + small caravan. Light stayed red an barrier stayed down. Got no response initially trying to report it over the interphone but when call was answered it was by an English speaker who told me where to wave the tag for it's barcode to be read.

Took about 15mins with other vehicles periodically waiting behind and hooting.
 Suzuki - Using an Autoroute tag with a motorcycle - sooty123
Took about 15mins with other vehicles periodically waiting behind and hooting.
>>

Bet you were popular! Rudy shed draggers holding everyone else up ;-)
Last edited by: sooty123 on Wed 25 Jul 18 at 13:41
 Suzuki - Using an Autoroute tag with a motorcycle - hawkeye
Thanks for the replies.

I decided to try and get a response from ATMB themselves so I filled in a contact request and sent them a message in English. Today I got a phone call from a lady from ATMB. She said the tag would register from the top pocket of my jacket and answered my main question by saying that sensors would count the number of wheels on the vehicle and check its height to ascertain the correct vehicle category. Took about a week. Well done ATMB!

Suzuki - Using an Autoroute tag with a motorcycle - R.P.
Good result !
 Suzuki - Using an Autoroute tag with a motorcycle - sherlock47
Did she say whether it also worked in the 30k drivethrough lanes?
Latest Forum Posts