Motoring Discussion > Rolls Royce - Phantom IV - 1950 - 1 careful owner - auction buy Buying / Selling
Thread Author: Falkirk Bairn Replies: 9

Rolls Royce - Phantom IV - 1950 - 1 careful owner - auction buy - Falkirk Bairn
You will need deep pockets to buy this one at auction!

tinyurl.com/yaawoeqv
 Rolls Royce - Phantom IV - 1950 - 1 careful owner - auction buy - R.P.
Reminds me - saw a Silver Shadow in the local Tesco the other day, very rough looking one. A couple of days later saw it in the town towing an agricultural trailer...whoever would do that ?
 Rolls Royce - Phantom IV - 1950 - 1 careful owner - auction buy - tyrednemotional
In the early sixties, my best schoolmate's grandfather ran a rather nice Humber Super Snipe.

It had replaced a 1939 RR Phantom III (Park Ward, I think) as his daily runner, and the latter was mothballed, in full working order, in the nondescript garage to the side of the house.

We used regularly to play in it, and even as youngsters we recognised it as something special, so it was treated with reverence.

Looking at current prices, I wonder whether it survived in that condition, and if so, where it is now.

(though, of course, he wasn't Royal, simply the owner of a large furniture emporium!).
 Rolls Royce - Phantom IV - 1950 - 1 careful owner - auction buy - Falkirk Bairn
My uncle was an undertaker. He lived in a large house just behind the funeral parlour & the workshops & petrol pumps - they also repaired cars. Fuel rationing but he had no need for coupons!

I was under 10 & thought it was a magic play area!

The fleet was hearse & 3 limos - all Rolls Royces from the 1930s. Mid 50s the RR departed to be replace by Armstrong Siddeleys - not so grand as the RRs.

The best car, however, was the Daimler he had as his runabout - pre-selector gearbox & about 150 horse power - it was fast & had a radio fitted! I wonder if any of them have survived to today.
 Rolls Royce - Phantom IV - 1950 - 1 careful owner - auction buy - Bobby
Wonder who owned the registration RR1?
 Rolls Royce - Phantom IV - 1950 - 1 careful owner - auction buy - legacylad
Roger Rabbit
 Rolls Royce - Phantom IV - 1950 - 1 careful owner - auction buy - tyrednemotional
....but didn't someone kill him for it........?
 Rolls Royce - Phantom IV - 1950 - 1 careful owner - auction buy - legacylad
Correct. Poor Roger was carroted to death, Godfather style, by Benjamin Bunny, who then altered the plate to look like BB1.
 Rolls Royce - Phantom IV - 1950 - 1 careful owner - auction buy - Timeonmyhands
>> Wonder who owned the registration RR1?
>> A Pirate with a stutter.
 Rolls Royce - Phantom IV - 1950 - 1 careful owner - auction buy - MD
It would not surprise me if a gentleman here in northern devon isn’t a major bidder on one or two of the cars and also the RR1 plate too.
Latest Forum Posts