Motoring Discussion > Costco tyres Miscellaneous
Thread Author: Bobby Replies: 15

Costco tyres - Bobby
Does anyone know when they tend to do their deals on their tyres.?

Looking at Crossclimates and they seem cheapest but I know quite often they have a deal when you buy 4 tyres but don’t know if there are specific times when they do it?
 Costco tyres - Falkirk Bairn
Goodyears £24 to £100 off 4 tyres

www.costco.co.uk/goodyear-promotion

on now!

If looking for Michelins then you need to look at the website say every 2 / 3 weeks

Blackcircles is where my son got his last
Last edited by: Falkirk Bairn on Sat 4 Aug 18 at 14:49
 Costco tyres - martin aston
Blackcircles Cross Climates + were mid £80's a week or so back (down from mid £90's a few months back). They also had £25 off four Michelin tyres bringing them down to prices I've not seen since the pound dropped last year.
They have occasional flash email offers like this so if you can wait and cant get them cheaper elsewhere you might want to subscribe to BC updates. Unlike some sites they don't bombard you.
 Costco tyres - Bobby
Blackcircles with that deal are working out at £79 a tyre, fully fitted, at a place one mile from my work.
Can’t really argue with that I reckon?
 Costco tyres - Bill Payer
Costco doesn't do the sort of deals - 20% off - on Michelin tyres as they used to, and their basic pricing often isn't the cheapest now.

Something appears to have happened between them and Michelin as they used to be exclusive on Michelin but now sell a few other brands as well.

Last offer I saw was a Michelin cashback but it varied based on the diameter of the tyre - IIRC it was a pretty negligible amount until you got to 19" tyres.

I'm also down on Costco as the won't do tyre rotation on wife's Tiguan even though I offered to pay - at Costco US they do it free.
 Costco tyres - Lygonos
>>Something appears to have happened between them and Michelin

Michelin bought blackcircles a few years ago (netting the Scottish owner a substantial sum!), so maybe that had some impact.

I can't say, however, that I've noted Michelin brands being favoured on blackcircles though so I expect it is still being run as a separate entity.

* = www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-scotland-business-32616056

Seems Michelin also own ATS from the beeb article.
Last edited by: Lygonos on Sun 5 Aug 18 at 18:21
Didnt know about the three way connection. When I changed last year ATS were a lot dearer than BC. I've just done an online comparison and ATS are currently a bit cheaper than BC for my size with a £50 off 4 offer.
Just shows, as we all know, you need to shop around.
 Costco tyres - Bobby
Martin, cheers for the headsup re ATS, wouldnt normally check them as not my local place but now booked in for Thursday for 4 new tyres at £77 a tyre fitted. Oh and 5% cashback on Quidco.

Could possibly have waited another couple of months but I suspect the prices for cross climates would increase as winter approaches.

On a side note, I put £100 a month into a "car fund" for any repairs needed to either of our cars and it is sitting quite healthy just now so that made the decision easier rather than the usual humming and hawing I would do!! Its almost as if you're not really spending any :)
Bobby, you're welcome. I think you've hit a sweet spot and I would be amazed if they were to be any cheaper if you held on.
 Costco tyres - Bobby
Got my tyres fitted on Thursday. Booked online. Turned up at the allocated time of 8.30 to be told they only had 3 of the tyres, could I leave car with them as the 4th would be in at some point.

ATS is about a mile from work so that was fine and I just walked to work but would have been annoyed it wasnt so handy and I was going elsewhere with car.

I know that you can never compare new tyres with old ones but these seem noisier in the wet (possibly due to them shifting more water??). However one down side of the tread pattern is that my driveway has red gravel stones and they get caught in it! My pavement and road is littered with stones carried out on the tyres!
Bobby, the noise point is surprising as the CCs are usually singled out for their quietness.

Most of us have had no rain for weeks, is it possible that it's just the novelty of returning to wet road noise? Failing that they are directional tyres, are they on the right way round?
 Costco tyres - Auristocrat
Michelin also own ATS Euromaster.
 Costco tyres - Lygonos
As any fuel noes.
 Costco tyres - Auristocrat
Which includes yourself.
 Costco tyres - Lygonos
>>Which includes yourself.

Indeed if you looked at my post from 3 days ago.... )
 Costco tyres - Shiny
>> Does anyone know when they tend to do their deals on their tyres.?
>>
About a week after you give up waiting and get them somewhere else.
Latest Forum Posts