Motoring Discussion > fuel additives (again) Miscellaneous
Thread Author: devonite Replies: 5

fuel additives (again) - devonite
Not one to usually use additives, I have in the past used an odd bottle of Redex, with no discerningly noticeable effects. However just lately car was sounding a bit tractorish, and getting a bit sluggish, so I thought I would try something mentioned on here in the past, Millers eco-max. Well to be honest, what a difference, after the first full bottle it is now sounding sweet as a nut, (to coin a phrase) and on my three times weekly journey from Cumbria to Chorley the fuel economy has risen from 40.1 mpg to 50.8mpg - quite impressive! At £14. 98 a bottle I originally thought it quite expensive, but I now think it`s worth using all the time, a big thumbs up Millers from me.
 fuel additives (again) - Videodoctor
I use Miller Diesel additive in my 14 year old van and it makes a massive difference to how it runs.Turbo kicks in sooner,smoother and more power.When I don't add it,the power drops and it feels sluggish with the turbo kicking in later and not as noticeable.I also use Miller petrol additive in my daughters car and that runs smoother as well.

So yeah Millers is highly recommended.
Last edited by: Videodoctor on Sat 11 Aug 18 at 15:08
 fuel additives (again) - Old Navy
Another recommendation for Millers. Their products have cleaned up my smoky diesel exhausts and improved the running of both diesel and petrol cars for the many years I have used them.
 fuel additives (again) - Stuartli
Tesco occasionally offer Redex at £2 a bottle; however, if you use Shell V-Power or BP Ultimate, their high levels of additives should, I would have thought, do pretty much the same as Redex.

Certainly my VW 1.4 petrol TSi engine runs very sweetly on V-Power or an occasional fill of Momentum.
 fuel additives (again) - Videodoctor
I have tried Redex over the years and never found it to be any benefit.Where as Millers definitely does work.The diesel version isn't half stinky though.Get it on your hands and you'll know about it.
Last edited by: Videodoctor on Sun 12 Aug 18 at 14:18
 fuel additives (again) - Cliff Pope
My MOT tester a few years ago put a bottle of Millers in a petrol car that had just failed on omissions, and it then passed. He said it usually did the trick.
Latest Forum Posts