Motoring Discussion > Nissan X-Trail - Has anyone..... Buying / Selling
Thread Author: MD Replies: 5

Nissan X-Trail - Has anyone..... - MD
.....any experience of owning one?
 Nissan X-Trail - Has anyone..... - No FM2R
Yes, but they've changed quite a lot over the years. What age are you thinking of?
Hi Mark. 05-06-07 ish.
 Nissan X-Trail - Has anyone..... - Falkirk Bairn
I bought the last of the "original X-trails" 136PS in Oct 2007 - the Mk2 Renault engined, cars were available BUT I have had a life long habit of buying trailing edge technology - the last of a range - problems ironed out, special editions with more kit & a big discount. I paid £15.5K for my clearance Aventura 2.2 diesel, manual.

Over the time I had it it was perfectly reliable, no repairs, servicing, bulb, wipers,tyres, pads.
Car was great, comfortable, fast enough on open road & you knew that it could almost go anywhere off road should that be needed - 35mpg overall. First start in the morning engine sounded like a bag of spanners but perfectly acceptable when warmed up.

I had it 5 years & it was sold to my health issues & I bought an auto CRV.

The 1st X-trails in 2001 time were pretty basic cars - 2004 saw the range upgraded but engine problems abounded with the increase of 20+ bhp. By the time I bought mine the engines issues had been solved.

Nowadays most of the cars will be well over the 100k.

My car is still passing MoTs without remarks at almost 12 years old. My car was cosseted - oil / filter change at 1500 miles then every 12 mths & under 10K on the dot, I was the only driver.
 Nissan X-Trail - Has anyone..... - legacylad
My ex FiL bought a new X Trail diesel on an ‘05 plate. Manual box. He ran it until earlier this year, pretty much faultless from memory, then returning home with the morning paper a few months ago he drove over some large rocks on the side of his steep narrow drive! Caused considerable damage as he didn’t stop and drove it a further 50’ to the top of the drive.
It was written off by the insurers and he decided to hand in his licence. Offered to me by my ex as a Cat D project at a knock down price. I declined.
I have since spoken to three respected mechanics who mentioned Barge poles etc!
Latest Forum Posts